Patient Relations Supervisor
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Position in this function is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities for a team of patient relations liaisons for the region. Mentors and trains, assesses and coordinates workloads and drives accountability and performance across the team. Tracks and trends data on growth and retention goals. Serves as subject matter expert on patient relations liaison duties both internally and externally.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Provides leverage to regional leadership by recommending strategies on growth, retention, provider transitions, professional development for patient relations liaisons and market wide initiatives
- Partners with director to address trends impacting patient retention
- Supports regional goals by driving accountability and improving outcomes related to SEP, age-ins, FFS conversion to managed care plans and working beneficiaries
- Develops best practices related to patient experience and partners with site team to implement processes to maximize patient retention
- Partners with site leadership to ensure all new and existing patients are given the necessary resources provided by the organization
- Creates new relationships and oversees existing relationships with brokers, agents and community partners to expand base for prospective members
- Manages data analytics for membership retention
- Oversees provider transition action planning and membership retention efforts
- Coordinates patient retention efforts related to M&A
- Strategizes with marketing team to plan external marketing events and represents the organization at those events as needed
- Partners with marketing, regional leadership and site management on retention events
- Oversees in-clinic OEP / SEP / AEP and marketing events
- Performance manages team members and progress against growth targets / process metrics in clinics and area of responsibility
- Onboards new team members in the region and serves as a regional representative with marketing team to align on regional initiatives for growth and retention
- Manages new patient onboarding programs, gives new patients a tour of the facility and explains benefits, forms and guidelines
- Oversees front office support for training on Medicare Madness, in-clinic processes for SEP and FFS conversion and site-specific initiatives that impact front office (i.e. Patient Appreciation Day)
- Participates on organizational and ad hoc committees
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1 to 2 years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- 1+ years of experience in Patient Relations or understanding of health plan and regulatory changes as it affects the insurance needs of patients
- Customer service experience
- Maintains current understanding of health plan and regulatory changes as it affects the insurance needs of patients
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel)
- Ability to type 25 wpm
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Managed care and/or ambulatory care experience
- Experience in a growth-driven environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Physical Requirements in accordance With ADA:
- Carrying/Lifting: Occasional / 0-10 lbs
- Standing: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Sitting: Constant / Up to 8 hours per day
- Walking: Occasional / Up to 3 hours per day
- Repetitive Motion: Keyboard activity, telephone use, writing
- Visual Acuity: Ability to view computer monitor and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses
- Environmental Exposure: None
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.