Patient Relations Supervisor - Pasadena, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
Position in this function is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities for a team of patient relations liaisons for the region. Mentors and trains, assesses and coordinates workloads and drives accountability and performance across the team. Tracks and trends data on growth and retention goals. Serves as subject matter expert on patient relations liaison duties both internally and externally.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Provides leverage to regional leadership by recommending strategies on growth, retention, provider transitions, professional development for patient relations liaisons and marketwide initiatives
- Partners with director to address trends impacting patient retention
- Supports regional goals by driving accountability and improving outcomes related to SEP, age-ins, FFS conversion to managed care plans and working beneficiaries
- Develops best practices related to patient experience and partners with site team to implement processes to maximize patient retention
- Partners with site leadership to ensure all new and existing patients are given the necessary resources provided by the organization
- Creates new relationships and oversees existing relationships with brokers, agents and community partners to expand base for prospective members
- Manages data analytics for membership retention
- Oversees provider transition action planning and membership retention efforts
- Coordinates patient retention efforts related to M&A
- Strategizes with marketing team to plan external marketing events and represents the organization at those events as needed
- Partners with marketing, regional leadership and site management on retention events
- Oversees in-clinic OEP / SEP / AEP and marketing events
- Performance manages team members and progress against growth targets / process metrics in clinics and area of responsibility
- Onboards new team members in the region and serves as a regional representative with marketing team to align on regional initiatives for growth and retention
- Manages new patient onboarding programs, gives new patients a tour of the facility and explains benefits, forms and guidelines
- Oversees front office support for training on Medicare Madness, in-clinic processes for SEP and FFS conversion and site-specific initiatives that impact front office (i.e. Patient Appreciation Day)
- Participates on organizational and ad hoc committees
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of post-high school education or a degree from a two-year college
- 1+ years of experience working in the healthcare industry
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or similar
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Suite
- Managed care and/or ambulatory care experience
- Experience in a quota-driven sales/marketing function
- Customer service experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.