Sales Account Manager - Remote in Portland, OR
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Senior Community Care (SCC) product, we work with a team to provide care to patients at home in a nursing home, assisted living for senior housing. This life-changing work adds a layer of support to improve access to care.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sales and Account Manager (SAM) is a field-based position charged with enrolling Medicare beneficiaries, residing in a senior living facility, into the UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living plan.
If you are located in Southern, OR, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Utilize the national sales model to generate leads and enroll beneficiaries into the UnitedHealthcare Assisted Living Medicare Advantage plan in Oregon
- Develop and manage account specific strategies to educate and engage facility personnel, resulting in the generation of interested residents and/or families (responsible parties)
- Utilize traditional sales strategies to uncover needs and introduce features and benefits of the plan
- Generate enrollments consistent with targets established for the territory
- Document all activity to ensure compliance with Medicare Marketing Guidelines
- Participate on daily/weekly standup calls to report activity and month to day results
- Develop and maintain relationship with facility champion(s) through ongoing communication, education and demonstration of the value proposition
- Implement role specific processes designed to educate beneficiaries and generate interest in each assigned facility
- Enroll beneficiaries through appropriate use of face to face, telephonic or other enrollment strategies
- Demonstrate the value of the product to interested parties through the use of CMS approved enrollment materials, knowledge of the plan, and introduction of proof sources
- Update CRM on a daily basis to record interactions with beneficiaries and families
- Comply with all CMS, organization and departmental regulations and policies
- Provide market leadership with facility feedback relative to service and product acceptance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, or be able to obtain, appropriate state health insurance licensure within 90 days of hire date
- Maintain licensure and product certification based on policies and procedures
- 2+ years of sales experience
- 2+ years of account management/territory management skills (including planning, documentation and measurement)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Maintain a state driver’s license or arrange for transportation in the field
- B2B and B2C experience
- Use of a CRM (salesforce, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated ability to travel 90% throughout the designated local territory
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $50,000 to $110,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.