Clinic Supervisor Optum Tri - State
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OPTUM (formerly ProHealth) is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Supervisor to join our growing team in our Huntington, NY location to serve as an on-site resource to support patients, staff and providers.
The Clinical Supervisor will work from the Huntington office located at 339 Main Street Huntington, NY 11743 and will support the following schedule: Weekday availability between 2pm - 10pm plus 1 weekend day to assist as matters arise.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement
- Serve as an on-site resource to support patients, staff and providers
- Maintain standards for facility appearance, patient and employee experience, professionalism and productivity
- Create an environment to foster a positive office culture
- Enforce implementation of company policies and protocols
- Ensure staff is working productively and professionally throughout all working hours
- Hire, train and evaluate new staff members
- Collaborate with management/HR on staff reviews, feedback and disciplinary action
- Facilitate billing inquiries from patients; address billing/coding issues with staff or providers
- Reconcile daily payment collections; make bank deposits and file reports
- Maintain office and medical supplies for inventory and clinical compliance
- Complete monthly staff schedules and arrange for coverage/review and approve employee payroll timecards
- Work alternate hours: morning, evening, and weekends shifts
- Communicate with Administration team regularly to provide updates of any issues resolved
- Delegate door to door marketing and ensure spreadsheet is updated weekly
- Follow up with correspondence of surrounding ProHEALTH organizations by collaborating with alternate Office Managers to build a strong connection between UC, Primary Care and Specialists
- Ensure after Care Coordination is completed daily by monitoring referral buckets and connecting patients with ProHEALTH providers at check out
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of progressive experience in a medical office environment
- Ability to work weekdays between the hours of 2p - 10p, plus 1 weekend day
- Knowledge of medical insurance plans including managed care plans
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research and computer navigation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Management, or related field
- Supervisor or management experience
- Experience with Epic and/or other electronic medical record systems
- Skilled decision-making, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others, delegate tasks, work as part of a team and communicate strongly with management
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH Care Associates, and Riverside Medical Group (the “Practices”) are all physician owned and led practices having complete authority for all medical decision-making and patient care through their physicians and other licensed professionals. Optum, through its management organizations (“Optum”) provides non-clinical administrative services to support the Practices and their physicians. Neither Optum nor its management companies employs, engages, or supervises physicians or other licensed professionals, or determines or sets the methods, standards, or conduct of the practice of medicine or health care provided by the Practices or by any of their licensed professionals. “Part of Optum” reflects that the Practices are part of Optum’s effort to support forward-thinking physician practices in helping their patients live healthier lives.
New York City, NY Residents Only: The hourly range for New York City residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.