Bilingual (Korean / English) Service Account Manager Associate - (Koreatown) Los Angeles / Irvine, CA
$5,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Korean, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast- growing environment.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Service Account Manager Associate builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm Pacific Time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2970 W Olympic Blvd, Ste 102, Koreatown, Los Angeles, California 90006.
- Provide in language service to Korean and English speaking customers
- Own problem-solving through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow - up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first walk - in, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the customer needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Resolve member service inquiries related to:
- Terminology and plan design
- Financial spending accounts
- Pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims
- Correspondence requests and Medical benefits, eligibility and claims
- Educate members about the fundamentals of health care benefits including:
- Managing health and well being
- Maximizing the value of their health plan benefits
- Selecting the best health plan to meet their health needs
- Choosing a quality care provider and appointment scheduling
- Premium provider education and steerage
- Pre - authorization and pre - determination requests and status
- Assist members in appointment scheduling to proactively address gaps in care
- Use analytical thought process to dissect complex claim issue, and complete appropriate steps to resolve identified issues / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre - authorizations or pre - determination requests
- Make outbound calls for various events organized by the team for higher event participation, successful member onboarding
- Provide pre-sales consultation and enrollment to walk-in prospects that are interested in our Medicare products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency in Korean and English
- 1+ years in a Customer Service environment, proven customer service skills and experience working in retail, call centers, or any other professional setting
- California Health License or the ability to obtain license within 30 days of employment
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to navigate through multiple programs including Microsoft Excel (create spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (update documents), Microsoft Outlook (create, send email), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to other sites locally within 25 miles based on business need
- Ability to work a flexible 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:30am - 5:00pm Pacific Time, Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Experience in Health Care / Insurance environment (Familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Previous experience in translating healthcare - related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Ability to successfully complete UnitedHealthcare Operations CCP new hire training and demonstrated proficiency and successfully complete UnitedHealthcare Operations Customer Service Advocate training classes upon hire
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.