Supervisor Workforce Planning - Optum TriState
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Oversee team of two or more Provider Schedulers, delegate work, coach and develop skills
- Develop a strong relationship with Provider Schedulers and providers in assigned Optum NJ locations through telephonic and electronic communications
- Lead change management projects directly related to Provider Scheduling
- Act as a liaison for provider schedulers and providers during the lifecycle of employment
- Work in conjunction with Provider Schedulers, Credentialing and Human Capital Onboarding Liaisons to assist the process of Onboarding
- Ensure the capture of monthly schedules in Scheduling Platform for all assigned locations and reconciliation with Payroll every pay period
- Manage time off requests, available workdays, and call-offs for all assigned providers. Ensure complete accuracy with schedules while ensuring providers are meeting contractual commitments
- Work with assigned locum tenens agencies to communicate need and request availability of locum tenens currently hired by Optum NJ
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining appropriate labor models in assigned Optum NJ locations and explaining any deviations
- Lead in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures surrounding provider scheduling
- Provide call coverage for emergency call-offs
- Perform other job duties as requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare, managed care, operations, insurance, or account management
- 2+ years of experience directly managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Ability to multi-task and perform in stressful situations
- Excellent managerial, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of success in a leadership role
- Energetic and eager to manage multiple activities and priorities
- Solid conflict resolutions skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.