Regional Account Manager - San Antonio, TX
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Regional Account Manager, Gastroenterology/Autoimmune is expected to develop and execute a territory sales plan, develop sales targets, close sales, coordinate sales efforts with strategic manufacturing and distribution partners, support the needs of the medical practice clients and participate in company sales planning, meetings and reporting as it relates to specialty medications and therapy management. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achieving results, building relationships, customer focus, and promoting all sales and marketing programs. Job will require occasional evening and weekend event attendance.
This is a commission eligible position and covers San Antonio, TX
If you are located in San Antonio, TX, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges. Position in this function will need to travel.
- Develop territory sales plan
- Research and identify sales targets
- Make cold calls
- Use consultative sales process, probe for customer information and barriers
- Develop creative solutions to gain profitable business
- Creates relationships with manufacturers
- Close sales
- Serve needs of medical practice accounts and solve issues
- Manage territory T&E and customer related expenses
- Travel 25% with occasional evening or weekend event participation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience in medical device, lab, food, or specialty sales
- Proven track record of sales success
- Business to Business experience
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Master's MBA or professional health care degree
- 2+ years Sales Background
- 1+ years Autoimmune experience
- 1+ years clinical background
- 1+ years Allied Health Position
- 1+ years Lab Device Sales
- Autoimmune, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology or Gastroenterology therapy sales experience
- Hospitality or Commodity sales experience
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.