Sales Account Manager - Remote in Atlanta, GA
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Senior Community Care (SCC) product, we work with a team to provide care to patients at home in a nursing home, assisted living for senior housing. This life-changing work adds a layer of support to improve access to care.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sales Account Manager (SAM) is a field based position charged with enrolling Medicare beneficiaries, residing in a skilled nursing facility into the UnitedHealthcare Institutional Special Needs Plan (ISNP).
If you are located in Atlanta, GA, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges
- Utilize the national sales model to generate leads and enroll beneficiaries into the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home plan
- Develop and manage account specific strategies to educate and engage facility personnel, resulting in the generation of interested residents and/or families (responsible parties)
- Utilize traditional sales strategies to uncover needs and introduce features and benefits of the plan
- Generate enrollments consistent with targets established for the territory
- Document all activity to ensure compliance with Medicare Marketing Guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Appropriate state health insurance licensure within 90 days of hire date or the ability to obtain
- Ability to maintain licensure and product certification based on policies and procedures
- Maintain a state driver’s license or arrange for transportation in the field
- Sales experience in a B2C or B2B setting or experience working in a skilled nursing facility
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated account management skills (including planning, documentation and measurement)
- Ability to work a variety of hours, early morning, evenings and weekends, as required by various sales activities
- Ability to travel 90% throughout the designated local territory
- B2B and B2C experience
- Use of a CRM or the ability to show technical skills
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.