Specialty Benefits Field Account Manager - Phoenix, AZ
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Own the service experience of customers at the field level by working with the Regional Service Team and other matrix partners as required to ensure issues are resolved promptly and accurately meeting the customer's expectations
- Develop and maintain solid relationship with internal partners in Service Team to manage customer service experience
- Fully accountable for supporting the SAE in facilitating resolution of all elevated customer service requests by working with the Service Team, and conducting customer consultations as required
- Facilitate customer meetings with the Service Team regularly to assess trends and keep abreast of any escalating issues and service trends
- Train customers on eServices
- Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the SAE / Analyst on service trends, myuhc adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc.
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues / trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Participate / support new business and finalist presentations to represent service experience, or coordinate attendees from other service related areas to support SAE / AE
- Establish and maintain solid and appropriate relationships with customers to maintain persistency
- Establish and maintain Broker / Consultant relationship as needed, but primarily with customer
- Coordinate ordering of enrollment materials / directories for customers
- Coordinate resolution of pre-implementation service and eligibility issues with Implementation Management Organization
- Coordinate implementation activities
- Conduct enrollment meetings and customer sponsored health fairs for assigned customers (and as needed for multisite requests from other offices)
- Coordinate and deliver billing reconciliations to customers (Quarterly, Annually, or as appropriate for the customer type / size)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- AZ Insurance license as required by law
- 2+ years work experience in customer service role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and UHC eTools
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Proven solid team player
- Ability to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of health care industry experience
- Specialty Benefits experience
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, brokers
- Proven ability to demonstrate superior presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Proven ability to interface with and influence internal business partners through the use of excellent interpersonal skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.