Associate Service Account Manager - Omaha, NE
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Associate Service Account Manager oversees and provides administrative leadership for the student health plan offered by university. This position is responsible for the operations related to the University Student Health Insurance Plan. Associate Service Account Manager serves as a liaison for students and their dependents regarding their insurance coverage, oversees regular communication between University Administration and students, and serves as the primary analytical person as issues arise from the campus community.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm CST). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office are located at the following:
- UNMC Student Life Center
Center for Healthy Living
39th and Jones
Omaha, NE 68198
- UNO Health and Kinesiology Building/Wellness Center
6323 Maverick Plaza, Omaha, NE 68182
We offer weeks of paid on the job training. The hours during training is to be discussed.
- Collaborates with the University Bursar, Registrar, IT Services and Web Services departments to ensure smooth processes throughout the insurance plan year.
- Coordinates the administrative aspects of a competitive bid process for USHIP and the optional insurance plans.
- Maintains the University Student Health Insurance Administration Tool, which tracks students’ annual enrollment and waivers into/out of USHIP
- Interface effectively with all the University customers (students and/or their dependents, Administrators, and Student Health Center staff,) while clearly presenting the University’s’ position on all topics.
- Function as a day-to-day liaison between all entities by providing walk in and telephonic customer service support to all University customers.
- Assist in resolution of any insured and/or provider billing issues.
- Understand and educate students regarding current plan design, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and attend on-campus service-related functions/meetings, including Orientations, Health Fairs and In - Service Information Sessions as needed as it relates to the student health insurance plan.
- Effectively interface with all internal and external partners toward the common goal of providing exceptional customer service to the University students and Administration to ensure that the Company’s short- and long-term goals are met as it relates to the student health insurance plan.
- Learn and demonstrate knowledge of all phases of claims processing, including enrollment management, the appeal process, the pre - determination process, and contract interpretation of plan benefits and policy provisions.
- Assist with the enrollment / waiver process. This assistance may extend to researching eligibility issues but not approval or denial of waivers.
- Assist in the development and distribution of pertinent communications material to the Client and students related to the student health insurance plan.
- Any other duties required by the University to assist with the student health insurance plan.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Within a high volume environment, you’ll need to model and act as an Ambassador for the company while solving complex health care inquires The Associate Service Account Manager acts as a customer advocate to resolve escalated and complex issues.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/ GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Able to commute, and report to (University of Nebraska Omaha, Medical Center location) once a week per location
- Ability to work 8:00am - 5:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to maintain positive engagement through written and verbal communication
- Work Effectively in a Changing Environment
- Demonstrates diversity awareness
- Ability to improve the customer’s experience
- Ability to conduct presentation within a public format, small or large
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.