Production Supervisor (2nd shift)
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor (2nd shift).
The expected annual salary range for this role is $62250.03 - $72,000 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
• Lead the department(s) in daily production activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly expectations at all times.
• Demonstrate and promote ethical behavior at all times.
• Promote a zero incident culture by enforcing safety principles. Administer first aid and conduct accident investigations as needed.
• Promote strong employee engagement through communication, employee development, teamwork, and recognition.
• Maintain high standards for housekeeping of production work areas.
• Responsible for establishing the direction, focus, and motivation of the production and maintenance personnel.
• Oversees and/or conducts training of new or existing employees on the assigned shift to support on-going production needs. Schedule work activities for manufacturing personnel, review personnel work performances and provide feedback, coordinate safety and personnel training activities.
• Counsel employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary action as required within the confines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained, and safely operated.
• Supports attainment of plant objectives through effective communications with other stakeholders within the business.
• Drive customer satisfaction by ensuring required quality control activities are performed.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of safety, quality, equipment, productivity, etc. Develops and recommends improvements of facilities, equipment, or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency. Lead and facilitate continuous improvement events.
• Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while controlling costs.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists personnel in solving work problems.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
• Work with production planning personnel to prioritize customer orders to coincide with material availability, manpower availability, and the logistics of delivery to meet customer service deadlines and delivery.
• High school diploma/GED from an accredited institution
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
• 5+ years of experience with a solid manufacturing background.
• Foundational knowledge of lean manufacturing and quality control principles.
• Experience in a union environment.
• Experience in metal fabrication.
• SAP business system experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.