Supervisor - Quality / Test
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Supervisor - Quality / Test. This position will be based in Richmond, Virginia.
Relocation assistance will be provided!
The expected annual salary range for this role is $80,250 - $117,700 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating all safety, quality, delivery and cost control activities for the quality inspection and test functions at the Richmond, VA facilities to ensure adherence to quality and product application standards in preparation for shipment to end customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Foster a Zero Incident Safety Culture through proactive and positive leadership on safety, strict adherence to safety standards including Eaton’s Life Saving Rules, Eaton’s MESH program and other safety policies
- Build organizational capability through leadership of quality inspectors, quality team leaders, electrical testers and electrical test team leaders through mentorship, training / development, coaching, staffing activities and performance management tools to strive for excellence with respect to Eaton policies, maximize performance to goal, and create a high engagement environment
- Assign routine work schedules, align staffing / labor strategy, review execution and manage resources to ensure on-time and accurate completion of all units through quality inspection and electrical test areas to support monthly and yearly targets including hi-5 and financial goals
- Champion the Eaton Business System (EBS) for all assigned work areas including Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF), Quality Management System (EQMS), Management of Environment, Safety and Health (MESH), Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) and other corporate standards to push toward excellence in all facets of the business
- Lead functional and work area communications (e.g. daily tier meetings, production meetings, report outs) to ensure alignment and coordination of cyclical activities and responsiveness to short and long term needs, as well as general awareness for the broader team
- Facilitate and lead improvement events / projects, data tracking / analysis and reporting, structured problem solving and other improvement programs to achieve long term improvements for all assigned work areas
- Maintain safe and operationally reliable Quality and Test work centers through the proactive and periodic assessment of the suitability and availability of approved PPE, equipment, tools and consumables. Requisition, as appropriate, to meet any identified needs
- Where appropriate or required, implement, maintain and assure compliance to preventive maintenance/inspection/calibration schedules
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or in lieu of Bachelor's Degree a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution and a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a supervisor or in a quality function in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a manufacturing, test, quality control or live electrical environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, quality management or business
- 3 years of experience in quality management, electrical engineering, electrical test
- 3 years of experience in operations management, supervision
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods (Six Sigma, 8D, etc), goal setting, and performance tracking
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong Six Sigma process improvement knowledge and experience
- Effective communication and team leadership skills are essential. Ability to drive results by developing and empowering teams
- Proven experience in process development, implementation and sustainability
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.