Embedded Electronics CoE Leader
Eaton Corporation’s Enterprise Engineering Center of Excellence (EE CoE) is seeking an Embedded Electronics CoE Leader. This position can be based at our Moon Township PA, Raleigh NC, or Beachwood OH locations.
Reporting to the Vice President Engineering & Technology, the CoE leader is responsible for leading and managing a team of engineers specializing in both analog and digital electronics. This role requires overseeing projects from their initial conception through to completion, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and meet requirements. A key responsibility entails the establishment and implementation of standardized design methodologies. These methodologies serve as a robust foundation, readily adoptable across multiple business units. This strategic initiative not only ensures the seamless execution of projects but also accelerates our business's ability to innovate, resulting in the rapid development of groundbreaking products. The EE CoE Leader also plays a pivotal role in driving both project excellence and organizational innovation.
• Lead a global team directly and functionally of 60+ engineering professionals across the US, Canada, China, Brazil, India, and the Czech Republic.
• Work with Eaton Division engineering teams and the Eaton Innovation Centers to define, develop, and execute all projects and platforms for the Embedded Electronics CoE.
• Help develop and communicate a broad strategic vision for embedded electronics products and services.
• Identify opportunities and connections within the company and external technical partnerships that enhance business performance.
• Define the EE CoE strategy, direction, priorities, standards, governance, and leads the CoE team to support Eaton’s embedded electronics interests’ enterprise wide.
• Works with all businesses as well as key customers to identify customer needs, new products and services opportunities, and technical issues that need to be addressed. Assesses trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, cost, and risk.
• Stays current with the latest technologies and business trends and actively supports development of technology roadmaps.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and at varying levels of the organization
• Must be capable of leading effectively in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
• Must be capable of initiating and providing recommendations and solutions for Senior Leadership Team’s review and approval that will achieve desired customer outcomes and business result
• Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
• Drive process improvements to aid in team coordination and maintain delivery schedule.
• Manage complex software and hardware programs across cross-functional teams
• Minimum 5 years of team and project management experience.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in analog and digital electronics designs, including high-speed digital circuits, and hands-on experience in testing high-speed digital and mixed-signal circuits.
• Strong leadership skills with a focus on mentoring and team development.
• Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
• Familiar with relevant software tools for analog and digital circuit simulation and design, including SI and PI analysis tools for high-speed designs.
• Knowledge of industry standards, regulations (e.g., EMI/EMC), and best practices related to analog and digital electronics
• Experience in the design of printed circuit boards (PCB)
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required
• An Advanced degree is preferred
• Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits.
• This position can be based at our Moon Township PA, Raleigh NC, or Beachwood OH locations.
Why Work At Eaton:
https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/whyworkateatonflyer/Why-Work-at-Eaton-Flyer-boxes.pdf2024 Annual Investor Conference:
The expected annual salary range for this role is $142499.97 - $208999.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.