Human Resource Manager - Programs and Processes (Distribution Center Management) (2210404)
Human Resource Manager - Programs and Processes (Distribution Center Management) (Job Number: 2210404 )
Are you an energetic and team oriented individual focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have at least 5 years of HR Generalist experience with prior experience in recruitment, retention, and project/program management?
Do you have an ability to lead change through a collaborative approach with internal and external stakeholders to exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to assess current trends, develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven innovator with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership across the enterprise in the execution of strategies to acquire, develop and retain top talent to ensure Penske Logistics maintains the best professional driver and warehouse associates.
- Develop and deploy effective retention processes such as onboarding, recognition and training to set associates up for success, maximize growth potential and recognize top performers.
- Work with internal / external stakeholders to build efficiencies in existing hiring processes and develop new approaches to address the challenges associated with hiring driver and warehouse associates.
- Develop workforce metrics that allow leaders to understand the current state and provide the necessary information to make informed resource decisions.
- Develop an enterprise approach to communicate with the hourly workforce and maximize the use of technology to keep them informed and updated.
- Work closely with the Corporate Staffing department to optimize all recruiting and hiring processes including advertising, application, and background check.
- Work with the marketing department in the development of the Penske driver brand to ensure we have the best themes and messages to acquire top talent.
- Keep updated on all hourly workforce safety matters and work with the safety team in the development of new hourly workforce safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct best practice research on the transportation industry and provide resulting recommendations to the field / leadership on ways to improve the driver experience.
- Spend time in the field talking with leaders, managers and hourly associates to better understand the business and help identify best strategies to address issues and challenges.
- Assist Corporate Director of HR with corporate related projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or closely related field (required).
- Minimum of (5) years of HR Generalist experience including (3) years of talent management experience.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint (required).
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills (required).
- Previous experience / knowledge of the transportations industry (preferred).
- Working knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures utilized in recruitment, selection, training methods and concepts, associate relations and compensation.
- Work well within a team construct to build consensus and gain approval on recommended strategies.
- Strong organizational, project and process management skills.
- Must have a passion for working with professional truck drivers and warehouse associates and have the ability to relate to hourly associates.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Area Human Resources Manager
Req ID: 2210404