Medical Assistant Supervisor - Pediatrics
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
This position supervises assigned employees and activities for the efficient administration of the Medical Assistant activities. Coordinates a broad range of medical assistant activities in assigned area. Provides direct clinical care and other related duties.
- Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on employee hire, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions
- Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities. Provides input based on observations related to counseling and disciplinary issues. Implements corrective actions/performance improvement plans as required
- May process payroll for assigned staff following standard procedures
- Maybe responsible for Leader Standard Work
- Plans, implements and evaluates the assigned staffing needs on a daily basis to adequately support patient care. Assigns staff based upon patient needs, practice volume, staff qualifications and department policy
- Assist Manager or others in responding to patient concerns as needed. Monitors and addresses patient complaints within position responsibility. Ensures the highest level of patient satisfaction. Works with physicians and others to address and prevent problems
- Investigates and completes follow up on Incident Reports
- Performs all tasks of a certified medical assistant
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with clinic-wide initiatives
- Participates in the development and recommendation of the operating and capital budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to ensure financial goals met. Monitors expenditures for compliance to approved budget. Resolves discrepancies
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved
- Assist in developing policies and programs within the department; acts as a positive role model for staff
- Creates an environment that nurtures empowerment of medical assistant staff members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams; proactively pursue and encourage continuous quality management and innovation
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and communicate frequently with all members of the patient care and administrative team; orchestrates and actively participates in daily huddles to promote effective communication with staff, providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Evaluates daily patient flow in the medical assistant area to maintain access standards and open communication with patients and providers; makes adjustments as appropriate to maintain organized, efficient patient flow in the medical assistant station
- Provides medical assistant staff with information, education and tools to ensure they are supporting efficient patient flow in the practice
- Assists in management of telephone flow and access. Matches call volumes and staffing to meet the expectations of patients/customers
- Utilizes and maintains equipment to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensures compliance with Operations Manual, Policies and Procedures
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc. Develops and maintains procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirement
- Ensures that assigned area comply with clinic established policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for assigned area
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements
- Performs similar or related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance will be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a medical assistant school / program
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant school/program with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or completed within 90 days of date of hire for positions in direct patient care areas
- Proven excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, etc.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.