Associate Director, Finance - Radioligand Therapies
Associate Director, Finance - Radioligand Therapies
Jan 23, 2024
About the Role
Location: Indianapolis, IN (Hybrid)
The Associate Director – Finance, Radioligand Therapies will support the Site Head in analyzing the site Finance KPI’s by the development of robust financial planning & detailed tracking processes, by driving day-to-day process improvement by ensuring strict compliance with the NAM / TechOps Accounting Manual in close collaboration with the Finance teams in the Operations Centers and Financial Service Centers providing insightful and valuable analysis and decision support to the management team.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Provide management with accurate, relevant business analysis to support monthly operational reviews and ad-hoc requests, and ensure timely and accurate information gathering. Provides input for special projects and initiatives for the site.
• Performs analyses to evaluate business risks or opportunities; makes recommendations on how to mitigate risks and seize opportunities. Ensures ongoing business performance is monitored and measured and drives early warning for re-direction of resources if needed.
• Ensures integrity of data provided by manufacturing teams and provides valuable analysis; provides recommendations on improving forecast accuracy.
• Provides well-managed and quality financial analysis to improve business case proposals and profitability tracking.
• Supports the product costing process, supports business partners in providing required inputs, reviews the standard cost calculations, checks for correctness and explains changes vs previous standards.
• Provide accurate operational information and advice to support the annual budgeting, rolling forecast and Strategic Planning processes. Continually improve and streamline existing management reporting processes and support the definition and implementation of lean processes to meet the changing demands of the business.
• Ensures the NAM, TechOps accounting manual, FICO, SOX controls and the different SOPs are respected and applied where necessary.
• Supports the FSC and prepares legal entity reporting e.g. for tax and for statutory boards: works council, economic committee, advisory boards, and legally mandatory statistics on import / export as applicable.
• SPOC in case of audits; being present and working closely on the execution part for audits. Coordinates local IGM responsibilities for finance.
• Key Performance Indicators: Site adheres to targets in terms of PCE, OpInc, CAPEX, FTE. Support Site Finance Head and SLT and contributes to improved financial performance of the manufacturing site.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know the nature of your request, your contact information and the job requisition number in your message:
- Novartis: e-mail [email protected] or call +1 [Register to View]
- Sandoz: e-mail [email protected] or call: +1-[Register to View]
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience in financial management (controlling)
• MS Office Software skills (proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with financial reporting systems
• Excellent communication skills across various levels of the organization
• Degree subject area in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred; advanced degree (i.e., MBA) or certification (i.e., CPA or Chartered Accountant) a plus
• Professional experience in manufacturing preferred, ideally within healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
• SAP experience
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Benefits and Rewards: Read our handbook to learn about all the ways we’ll help you thrive personally and professionally: https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800.00 - $205,200.00 / year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/24 through 12/31/24, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Company / Legal Entity
Audit & Finance