(Sr) Clinical Development Director - Renal
(Sr) Clinical Development Director - Renal
Oct 25, 2023
About the Role
Our mission is to reimagine medicine to extend and improve people’s lives – and our overall company strategy to achieve this is to Focus Novartis as a leading medicine company powered by data science and advanced therapy platforms
The Clinical Development Director (CDD) in the Cardio Renal & Metabolic (CRM) Development Unit is responsible for leading the strategic planning and management of the assigned clinical program(s) from an end-to-end clinical development perspective. As a CDD in the Renal TA, you will have oversight of the clinical development for the assigned programs and drive the execution of the clinical development plan. In addition, you will enable an empowered organization, which can navigate in a matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs.
Main responsibilities of this role are:
• Providing clinical leadership and strategic input for all clinical deliverables in the assigned project or section of a clinical program. Clinical deliverables may include clinical sections of individual protocols or sub studies consistent with the Integrated Development Plans (IDP), clinical data review, program specific standards, clinical components of regulatory documents/registration dossiers, and publications
• Leading development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents
• Driving execution of the section of the clinical program in partnership with global line functions, assigned Global Trial Directors (GTDs), and regional/country medical associates, if applicable
• Overseeing/conducting ongoing medical and scientific review of clinical trial data with Clinical Scientific Expert(s) with appropriate oversight from Medical Lead
• Supporting (Sr.) GPCH in ensuring overall safety of the molecule for the assigned section and may be a core member of the Safety Management Team, supporting overall program safety reporting in collaboration with Patient Safety
• As a clinical expert, supporting the (Sr.) GPCH or CDH in interactions with external and internal stakeholders and decision boards
• Contributing to scientific training of relevant Novartis stakeholders on the disease area and compound/molecule. May serve as speaker for franchise medical/scientific training and may be the Program Manager of other associates
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know the nature of your request, your contact information and the job requisition number in your message:
- Novartis: e-mail [email protected] or call +1 [Register to View]
- Sandoz: e-mail [email protected] or call: +1-[Register to View]
• Advanced degree in life sciences / healthcare (or clinically relevant degree) is required. PharmD or PhD is strongly preferred***
• Fluent oral and written English
• Minimum 7 years experience in clinical research or drug development
• Working knowledge of the assigned disease area is desired with proven ability to interpret, discuss and present efficacy and safety data relating to clinical trial(s) or program level
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationship with key investigators
• Working knowledge of GCP, clinical trial design, statistics, and regulatory and clinical development processes
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work in a cross functional and global organization
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the Novartis Life Handbook.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams’ representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1[Register to View] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $257,600 - $386,400/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity
Research & Development