Supervisor Administration Support
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function is responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily operations of the department support staff. Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, staff and providers. Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions. Generates and maintains a variety of statistical reports. Assists the department Manager with preparation of the department budget and manages budget for all administrative functions of the department. Collaborates with the department manager and/or director in developing and revising department policies, procedures, and protocols. Provides guidance and training to assigned staff responsible for admitting, registering, scheduling and verifying patient insurance policies. Monitors quality assurance programs and recommends areas of improvement. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
- Supervises support staff members, assesses the needs of patients, and delegates tasks appropriately
- Provides guidance and training to assigned staff for scheduling and frontline activities
- Supervises clinical staff members in the absence of the department manager, assesses needs of clients and delegates tasks appropriately
- Facilitates in the development of a unit level plan for financial and personnel resources required to provide the needed services for each shift
- Ensuring customer service and other administrative activities for the department administrative staff
- Develops staff to accomplish goals that support the department / organization direction
- Supervises, oversees and coordinates daily staff assignments and operations for the department to include hiring, terminating, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and training
- Supervises the patient flow process between the frontline staff (Patient Care Coordinators) and the clinical staff to ensure that an efficient transfer of patients between these two staffing entities occur on a daily basis
- Demonstrates quality improvement, facilitating the generation of ideas for improvement of patient care and functioning of the department initiatives
- Collaborates with other healthcare team members to generate new ideas for quality improvement with regards to administration, patient care, and overall functioning of the department
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested.
- Associate degree in related field. Related Education and experience may be substituted for one another on a year for year basis
- 1+ years of related experience of which have been in a supervisory/lead capacity
- Supervision/Management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of HMOs, PPOs, Medicaid, Medicare, and insurance plans
- Solid Computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Related experience in technical or specialty areas assigned
- Proven ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple tasks, PC skills, effective communication skills
- Demonstrates solid conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Proven ability to deal with stressful situations
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data, manage own time and work tasks
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.