Information Technology Supervisor 45021A
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Information Technology Supervisor oversees Information Technology (IT) activities and resources in conjunction with other members of IT leadership in alignment with the overall objectives of the organization.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm but does lead a team that operates 24/7/365.
- Plans, designs, and coordinates IT-related projects, as well as provides guidance and support for daily operational activities of their team
- Assigns and schedules workloads, and monitors quantity and quality of work
- Works with stakeholders to define IT requirements and helps identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support efficient and effective IT solutions and services
- Helps develop and implement departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the administrative, legal, and ethical requirements of the organization
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of IT budgets
- Works to continually improve departmental operations, including tools and skillsets
- Helps define and implement IT best practices
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff
- Assists with performance evaluations and corrective actions
- Performs IT staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, and continuing education
- Conducts staff performance evaluations including appropriate recognitions or necessary corrective actions
- Participates in the handling and resolution of IT issues and complaints
- Performs ''hands-on'' staff duties as required to meet required IT service levels
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field OR 3+ years of experience leading a Service desk/Help desk/Call center
- 1+ year of experience managing various Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- 1+ year of experience developing and interpreting various metrics to identify and resolve gaps and/or improve outcomes
- 2+ years of leading a Service Desk/Help Desk/Call Center experience
- Ability to Coach/Mentor to aid in the development of skills of team members to promote career growth
- ITIL/ITSM Certifications
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.