Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee – Freight Management (Penske Logistics) (2204234)
Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee – Freight Management (Penske Logistics) (Job Number: 2204234 )
Ready to move your career forward? As a Penske Logistics (“PL”) Supply Chain and Logistics Management Trainee you will use your hard-earned degree to contribute to the overall success of the business. Looking for cool projects? You’ll discover opportunities to proactively improve customer’s processes, while being exposed to financial reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s). Like developing teams? Put your leadership skills to work while learning how to lead a team of high-energy, driven associates in our fast-paced environment.
Penske will introduce you to our business with industry leading technology and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed in our business. Things move fast at Penske. You will too. You’ll be on a fast track to furthering your leadership career, with advancement opportunities upon graduation from the program.
Are you eligible?
- You’ve got an undergraduate degree in either Business, Supply Chain, Data Science/Analytics or related field.
- Your leadership track record is evident whether in class, on campus, in your community, or in the military
- You’re legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
-Unfortunately, we are currently unable to sponsor individuals for employment visas for these positions.
- Program will start in June and go for approximately 9-12 months.
- You’re able to live in Dearborn, MI
This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience to launch their career with Penske. Our dedicated training program will provide visibility to senior leadership and mentor accessibility, all while being part of a peer group environment. Learn and work in one or more of the following areas: Freight Management / Brokerage / Sourcing / Data Science and Analytics, which may include leading a small group in the Freight Management Operation.
- Foster a safe work environment by complying with and administering established safety and operational procedures.
- Effectively resolve issues and monitor day-to-day operations for compliance using organizational and time management skills.
- Learn the Kaizen methodology and implement Lean processes.
- Gain basic knowledge of Transportation Management Systems.
- Create efficient loads and concise distribution sequences, and how to make cost effective transportation mode and frequency decisions for single or multiple customers and carriers.
- Leverage critical thinking and problem resolution to work through issues with internal teams and customer contacts.
- Proactive management to mitigate and avoid supply chain disruptions.
- Build, foster and manage carrier relationships through day to day and bid activities.
- Collaboration with internal and external teams to drive opportunities.
- Leverage KPIs and analytics to drive improvement to our customers’ supply chains and our internal operations.
- Identification of cost savings, productivity enhancements, operational deficiencies.
- Utilize sales skills to match available customer shipments with available carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Data Science/Analytics or related field.
- Internship or related work experience in a customer-facing role preferred.
- Military experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and navigate various technology platforms.
- Committed to learning and growing; receptive to feedback and developing self-awareness.
- High level of commitment to operation and job responsibilities.
- Results oriented, attention to detail and effective time management and organizational skills.
- Builds and develops positive working relationships within department at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle and feel, and to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs./12 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If you’re looking for a company ready to both encourage and challenge you professionally, Penske may be the place for you. Contact us for more information, we’d love to talk to you about this opportunity!
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates are required to complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :15041 S Commerce Drive 15041 S Commerce DriveSuite 400
Dearborn, MI 48120
Primary Location : United States-Michigan-Dearborn
Job : Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Management Trainee
Req ID: 2204234