Senior Manager, Principal Specialist, Quality Risk Management (R1547420-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Sr. Manager - Principal Specialist/Engineer, Quality Risk Management
CTDO Quality Assurance Org
Summit West, S-12
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Principal Specialist Quality Risk Management CAR T is responsible for supporting the S-12 Cell Therapy Quality Risk Management Program in accordance with BMS policies, standards, procedures and global cGMPs. The primary focus for this role is to facilitate the risk assessments, in order to identify risk areas and implement risk mitigation measures for S-12 operations, cGMP compliance and business continuity. Additionally, this role is responsible to maintain quality risk management program deliverables and facilitate complex cross-functional issue resolution by employing a methodical approach to root cause analysis and implementing appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
As a member of the Quality Assurance Organization, this position is working closely with the S-12 Quality Risk Management leadership and other company risk management stakeholders, to identify and provide solutions to cGMP related issues and escalate them as appropriate to ensure the site remains in a state of control.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience and thorough understanding of risk management tools with in-depth knowledge of cGMPs and applicable FDA regulations guidelines and industry best practices.
- Proven experience working as a detailed oriented team player with effective planning, organization and execution skills.
- Experience with performing risk assessments using a variety of tools (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HACCP, etc.).
- Innovative, proactive, and resourceful; committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively at a fast pace with cross functional departments to finalize time-sensitive deliverables.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (e.g. Word, Visio and Excel) and with Quality Systems (e.g. Document Management System, Quality Management System).
- Ability to make independent and objective decisions, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to interact with multidiscipline departments and Cell Therapy Development & Operations (CTDO) sites.
- Must possess an independent mindset and tenacity.
- Must be skilled in planning and organizing, coaching others, decision-making and building relationships.
- Proficiency in developing reports and presentations to facilitate meaningful discussions, with clearly communicated analysis, findings, and impact.
- Ability to work effectively across functional groups and teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of Quality Risk Management in a cGMP/FDA regulated environment such as manufacturing/QC or QA.
- Experience in CAR T or Biologics preferred.
- Professional certification in Quality Risk Management preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities of the Principal Specialist Quality Risk Management are to evaluate and implement a plan to mitigate process and/or product risks and to support cross functional departments on risk identification, root cause analysis and investigative measures.
- Contribute to the writing, coordination, review, approval and maintenance of the S12 Risk Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and associated documentation.
- Develop and maintain documentation to track key risk information and provide risk reporting to include both quantitative and qualitative risk information.
- Evaluate and report key performance metrics, analyze data and lead improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate planning, execution and completion of risk assessments by providing direction, and guidance to cross functional teams.
- Ensure product risk management documentation/files are maintained, with good documentation practices and in compliance with S-12 Quality System.
- Partner with other risk management stakeholders, including Validation, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Patient Scheduling, Facilities, Warehouse and Safety.
- Drive continuous improvement for effective risk management and to address recurring issues identified throughout S-12.
- Track and verify appropriate corrective actions have been implemented, documented and align with source event.
- Maintain S12 Quality Risk Catalog, Risk Register Registry and track the status of risk mitigation actions through to completion.
- Schedule and facilitate S-12 risk assessment activities to identify risk areas and implement risk mitigation measures to support manufacturing, compliance and business continuity.
- Conduct risk reviews and escalate findings, as appropriate, to S12 Risk Management Leadership with resolution and recommendations.
- Represent the Risk Management unit at various project meetings and provide quality input in the resolution of quality-related issues.
- Work independently and perform with a high degree of accuracy.
- Apply Federal (FDA) Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements, guidelines and documentation practices.
- Proactively learn, develop and customize methods and techniques (e.g. Six Sigma/Lean, FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, etc.) to improve effectiveness of the Risk Management program.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
Work is performed in a typical office environment, with standard office equipment available and used.
Work is generally performed seated but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no abnormal conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.