Model Risk Management, Analyst (69542)
- Strong background in mathematical finance at the level of a Master's level degree in Mathematical Finance, Mathematics of Finance, Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance or related field. Very strong undergraduates with necessary background and/or relevant work experience may be considered.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience, not to include internships.
- Understanding of financial instrument valuation concepts.
- Strong analytical and computer skills including experience with quantitative analysis technical tools and techniques.
- Ability to explain difficult financial modeling/valuation concepts to diverse audiences and to experts at various clients.
- Candidate needs to be comfortable providing technical assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical clients and internal teams.
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients.
- Apply problem solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements.
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations.
- Proactively manage career by set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Build and broaden industry knowledge to support organization and function initiatives by taking advantage of local and national training programs.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with clients and staff in consultative settings.
- While 50% or more of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Related consulting experience.
- Background in derivatives finance, including detailed knowledge of derivatives theory and securities pricing and financial instrument types and structures.
- Master's degree in Mathematical Finance, Mathematics of Finance, Financial Engineering or Quantitative Finance or a related field.
- Experience with derivatives and complex financial instruments valuation.
- Experience with Bloomberg, MATLAB, Monte-Carlo Simulation tools such as Crystal Ball and @Risk, FinCAD, NumeriX, Savysoft TOPS, Principia and Summit. #indeedpush