Senior Manager of Network Management Center ( 594384-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Southlake Network Management Center is seeking a talented and motivational leader to manage the 24x7 Operations team in Southlake, TX. The Senior Manager's primary responsibility will be to provide leadership for a skilled team of Supervisors and Engineers responsible for the reliability, performance, and security of the OTNGN, eNSE (Evolved Network Services Edge), and MEC (Multi-Access Edge Compute). They must be innovative and lead cross-functional activities with partners in Planning, Performance, and Engineering. A successful candidate must be able to partner internally and externally with peer organizations and vendors to provide both technical and people leadership.
Senior Manager responsibilities include building a culture of trust, communication, and respect for all members of the team. They must create an environment where ownership and accountability are embraced; encourage agility and creativity; simplify the complex; and provide ongoing direction for projects that allow us to work more efficiently and at large scale.
- Responsible for Tier I Level Operations support for Verizon’s network. In this capacity, leads a team of highly technical network technicians that provides 24x7 coverage for any operational issues.
- Foster and maintain high engagement of direct reports and the entire Southlake NMC staff.
- Manage policies and procedures in support of strategic objectives; requires the application of advanced expertise to resolve diverse/complex problems.
- The ability to review talent, make hiring decisions, and support the evolution of the network management center.
- Ensure that network outages are handled in accordance with predefined guidelines relative to ticket management, prioritization, documentation, escalation and resolution.
- Coordinate proper event management of major network outages by initiating and/or participating in strategy bridges with executive management to provide impact assessment and risk analysis to determine prioritization of outage restoration. Concurrently, ensure accurate and timely submission of outage notifications on all outages to ensure that internal and external support organizations are well informed on the progress and status of network outage events.
- Monitor and enforce adherence to departmental policy to ensure that all internal metrics, performance based and non-performance based, meet or exceed their designated targets.
- Ensure that the performance of entire staff is maximized by establishing individual and group objectives, providing routine feedback and counseling (when necessary) and conducting performance appraisals.
- Provide technical and administrative support to staff by regularly communicating information to all members, answering questions and following up on technical and administrative issues. Additionally, provide on-call coverage after hours and weekends to respond to major network outages and provide management support on a 24x7 basis.
- Generate and/or review various reports to investigate Reason for Outage and perform problem trending to identify chronic network issues. Proactively work with other groups on the resulting data to minimize or eliminate future outages.
- Review and determine approval status for all demand and emergency maintenance on the Networks.
- Assist in Business Continuity and Emergency Management plans and tests.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Previous experience in a Lead or Supervisory role in a 24x7 support environment.
- Two or more years of multidisciplinary leadership experience, preferablyin the Operations/Telecommunication Industry.
- Ability to present information to executive management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen within a large organization.
- Previous Management and/or Operations Experience with Multifunctional Teams.
- BA or BS degree in Business Administration/ Business Management/Engineering or related field.
- Established track record in managing a complex process and driving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.