Strategic Management Consultant (TS/SCI/Polygraph) (97180)
- Collaborates with the Government to gather, interpret and translate executive-level guidance into actionable initiatives aligned to appropriate organizational mission areas; and determine value and alignment of proposed initiatives to executive-level strategic guidance, request resources from overseers or mission sponsors, and allocate resources to the highest priority mission areas.
- Provide data analysis and visualization
- Proficient in the ability to budget funds
- Ability to deliver on a variety of communication products such as newsletters, website verbiage, executive level briefing and presentations, news articles, meeting minutes, slick sheets, placemats, and other client requests
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Operations Transformation offering transforms our clients' core business operations. We advise, design, implement, and deploy solutions that are focused on "heart of the business" issues across client organizations. Using deep sector knowledge and program management skills, we work alongside our clients to implement industry leading practices and manage their most important projects.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 12 years of Strategic Management (i.e. gathering, interpreting and translating executive level guidance into actionable initiatives aligned to appropriate organizational mission areas); and/or in the Federal PPBE Process or similar enterprise-level portfolio management system (i.e. determining value and alignment of proposed initiatives to executive-level strategic guidance, requesting resources from overseers or mission sponsors, and allocating resources to the highest priority mission areas).
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Experience with customer engagement/outreach to identify emerging tool use/business-cases within and across our customer's mission space
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis, operations performance strategy, and management to evolve the organizations strategy, showcase progress against goals, and demonstrate impact and investment value
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Ability to travel up to 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- A Graduate or higher degree will be accepted in lieu of two (2) years of overall experience. Four (4) additional years of experience in strategic management or enterprise-level portfolio management will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.