Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Manager 1- Business Management (98200)
Sr Manager 1, Business Program Mgmt
Directs the functional expertise, support activities, financial management, and/or operations of a specific business program or a portion of a large, highly complex business-related program. Performs a combination of professional and management duties over program staff. Oversees program activities to monitor and control program timelines and budget management. Accountable for identifying opportunities to expand business program service offerings and operational activities. May support Federal business program development efforts.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
Directly manages and/or supervises program staff that plan, develop, assess, monitor and evaluate business programs. Responsibilities may include performance and career management activities, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring.Defines and establishes specific program goals and oversees the development of program offerings. Directs and/or modifies program work plans, methods, and procedures as needed to determine priorities for work staff.Assesses the achievement of program goals and objectives against plan/strategy. Develops, implements, directs, and monitors strategies for operational improvements. Oversees analysis of program offerings to determine overall effectiveness and success of program.Acts as a spokesperson for assigned program(s) to advance the mission and goals of the program across the organization. Leads program staff to develop program position and implementation across functional service offerings. Manages external/internal communications pertaining to programs specifics, trainings, and newsIdentifies and resolves cross-organization program issues with the team and other senior leaders. Demonstrates negotiation and resource management skills in interactions and mediations with clients to resolve any differences and concerns.Determines annual budget and manages ongoing program operating budgets. Monitors program operation costs and approves program expenses as necessary.Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; Excellent program/project management skills; Ability to think both strategically and tactically; Advanced technology skills with experience in standard software applications and systems/tools used to collect, integrate, and report information
- Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Project Management Certification preferred; Federal security clearance may be required
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related area; 10+ years of related professional service experience with technology execution, customer relationship management, and/or project management roles
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.