Human Capital Partner Manager (Sr. Dir.) - Provider & Medical Management - Pacific West (El Segundo, CA or Seattle, WA) (107431291)
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Human Capital Partner will help shape and execute the Human Capital and talent strategies for UnitedHealth Group, creating a wealth of opportunity for an experienced human capital strategic partner to contribute across a broad range of priorities, including culture building, workforce strategy, organization effectiveness, talent agenda, leadership bench strength, and employee experience.
- Consulting & Coaching: Partner with leaders to develop and design strategies aligned with business outcomes for our Provider (Physicians and Advance Practice Clinicians) & Medical Management populations
- Organizational Development: Uses a consulting framework to improve the health and effectiveness of the organization through various methods, tools and techniques impacting business results. Examples including organization design, change enablement and leadership, workforce planning, effective leadership, and coaching. Partners with leaders to drive outcomes for business acquisition & integrations
- Culture and Employee Experience: Deep understanding of culture, diversity and the drivers impacting a positive employee experience. Fosters inclusion, diversity and culture practices to create and maintain a positive, rewarding, and inclusive environment
- Total Rewards: Partners with Compensation, Benefits and Provider leaders to develop and drive total rewards incentives, programs to attract and retain talent. Leads efforts to streamline programs across multiple business groups
- Data and Analytics: Leverages data and analytic skills to drive decision making and action. Designs, develops and deploys solutions through on-going analysis and tying multiple data sets together to recommend action aligned with business strategies
- Team Leadership: Coaching and development of Human Capital employee(s), both on strategic work, and those that manage programs in support of these populations
- Talent Management: Understands the organizational talent strategy, talent plans and supply chain of internal and external talent. Drives business talent strategy and plans by applying talent acquisition, workforce planning, total rewards and inclusion and diversity practices to drive talent outcomes
- Business Fluency: Financial understanding and business operations knowledge. Understands how the business unit operates, major categories of cost and how profits are generated. Able to articulate the strategy, customer base and external factors impacting the business
- Diversity & Inclusion: Integrates, aligns, and embeds Inclusion and Diversity Strategy within the People Strategy and all aspects of Human Capital Work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Behavioral Science or related field or demonstrated equivalency
- 10+ years of human capital experience
- Experience working within a matrixed (i.e. shared services delivery model) environment at a large, global, complex organization
- Proven consulting skills across various types of critical stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience applying data and analytics to influence decision making and business outcomes
- Experience developing talent strategies and executing plans aligned with the culture and overall employee experience to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in business fluency and knowledge
- Demonstrated competence in leading and driving the talent agenda, including developing a strong leadership bench
- Experience developing and implementing workforce strategy, aligned with and driving business outcomes
- Experience leading organization design and implementing change
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Demonstrated history of positive employee experience through all aspects of Human Capital work
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.