Associate Director, Program Management (R1558467-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Leads development and execution of program/project plans for key brand Global Operations (GO) teams. This position will also provide support, leadership and direction for complex, cross-functional, multi-site, strategic programs/projects, events teams, initiatives and governance in the Global Product Development & Supply (GPS) and Strategy & Business Excellence (SBE) book of work. Develop and execute strategic plans, ensure interactions and timely collaboration across GPS ecosystem, proactively identifying and mitigating risks, and communicating to key stakeholders including GPS leadership team. Managing program/projects and teams with integrity innovation, urgency, passion, accountability, and inclusion.
Lead planning and execution of integrated, complex plans for matrix teams, including multiple GO teams as program manager. Position will provide leadership and direction for strategic GPS programs/projects, governance and event teams, as well as, other critical initiatives as defined by GPS and SBE leadership.
- Develop and provide performance oversight and reporting of GO Team goals and objectives.
- Provide disciplined project prioritization, oversight and management to the GO Team book-of-work. Provide program management leadership of GO Team operations, including agenda creation, meeting minutes and tracking of actions.
- Support product life cycle strategy management, including due diligence, alliance management, launch planning and execution, and technology transfer.
- Work with GO Team members to ensure continuity of supply, end-to-end optimization, comprehensive change management, and effective management of technology and regulatory issues. Leads strategic programs/projects, event teams, and initiatives including reporting, risk tracking, steering committee meetings, and conflict resolution. Develops and drives detailed plans, identifying critical path and timing while meeting strategic intent and achieving key milestones.
- Ensure problem solving and decision making addressing major risks and issues by identifying, documenting, resolving, communicating or escalating to senior leadership when appropriate.
- Proactively manage governance planning, discussion and communication ensuring that potential impacts to strategy and timelines are understood by key stakeholders.
- B.S. in engineering, pharmacy, science or technical discipline, advanced degree preferred.
- PMP certification highly desirable.
- 12 years business experience, 8 years in BioPharma operational or development discipline, including demonstrated 5 years of experience managing programs/projects.
- Experience in program/project management of complex projects involving matrix, multi-site, international teams.
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools, e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams.
- Ability to achieve results, exercise influence, and discretion across a global matrix organization at all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently with high level of accountability.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, well organized and capable of managing multiple projects and teams at one time.
- Travel up to 10%
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.