Manager, Training, Cell Therapy Business Process Management (R1558526-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Training Manager, Cell Therapy Business Process Management
Bristol Myers Squibb’s Cell Therapy business is entering an exciting new phase as it begins the commercialization of its first CAR-T products. Commercialization drives new scope, scale, and complexity across the network, and requires manufacturing sites, global organizations, and IT systems to work together in new ways.
The Training Manager for Cell Therapy Business Process Management (Training Manager) works with the Business Delivery Team (BDT) team to lead and manage the design, development, and delivery of training related to changes being driven by projects and programs within Cell Therapy operations. The Training Manager is responsible for the strategy and delivery of curricula and content related to Cell Therapy use of Oracle EBS, SAP S/4, and other global supply chain applications as assigned. The Training Manager partners with project managers to align readiness activities with the project plan and works with IT and business delivery resources to build content, identify end users, and deliver training content to trainers.
The Training Manager creates and supports instructional design, delivery strategies, and leverages technology and distance learning applications where appropriate, to deliver state-of-the-art training content. The Training Manager also serves as a liaison with internal learning organizations and vendors providing training and education for key change initiatives. The Training Manager also identifies resourcing needs related to training development and delivery and manages the team of external resources when required, including hiring and onboarding.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build training strategy for changes delivered in projects and/or system releases
- Perform training impact and needs assessment by working with project team including business and IT resources
- Own training curriculum and determine content to be created or modified based on training needs identified for projects and programs
- Manage a team of internal and external resources to maintain training content in various formats including but not limited to instructor-led, self-paced web-based, virtual/distance-learning, and other computer-based technologies
- Incorporate change management strategies and tactics into all education and/or training
- Collaborate with project managers to integrate training activities into project plans
- Collaborate with BPM Project Management Lead to determine training resource needs for planning and delivery
- Manage training team members supporting training needs for projects and programs in delivery
- Partner with Business Delivery Team, IT SMEs, and other business resources for content creation
- Partner with other organizational learning/training teams to ensure compliance with organization training policies
- Perform task analysis to identify appropriate performance standards, skill/knowledge requirements, and training objectives
- Establish learning effectiveness measurement strategies for various change efforts
- Track and manage training success criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Information Systems, Business or Engineering, Education, Management, Communication, Learning & Organizational Development, related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in supply chain or manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical industry preferred) or education/training (adult education/corporate training preferred)
- Experience designing for a variety of instructional delivery methods and media including face-to-face, virtual, and web-based learning
- Experience managing teams
- Experience in project management processes
- Understanding of change management methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of personal computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, SmartSheet, etc.
- Experience using Articulate360 or similar application preferred
- Knowledge of quality management systems such as ComplianceWire, Veeva, SuccessFactors, etc. preferred
- Ability to travel 20%
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.