Technical Project Management ( 601182-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of Verizon’s Global Network and Technology organization, you will support the Global Network Management (GNM) Agile Release Train (ART) using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices as a Product Owner (PO) for the Network Transparency (NWT) ART. Decision making autonomously is one of the key activities of the PO for the NWT ART. At times the plan cannot meet the needs of the business owner and so adjustments must be made to achieve what is achievable with as little waste in the system as possible. These decisions often do not have time to be reviewed by the other layers of SAFe (architects, Product Managers, etc). Therefore, the PO must effectively navigate both the business owners and the developers. The PO must have awareness of when to split stories and when to challenge the job size while maintaining a positive relationship with the Scrum team as they work through these items. The PO must be comfortable with healthy conflict and expressing concerns with the wisdom of knowing when to engage which mechanism. In addition to the above, the PO is required to:
- Work with the business owners/stakeholders to be able to identify their needs and then create stories (development requirements) associated with features that have been requested.
- Convert the business issues and build the stories in a manner that can be broken out into chunks by the developers and completed in iterations within the SAFe structure.
- Build user stories (the requirements for the development work) and then work to prioritize these stories and any system bugs that may have arisen within that same time frame for each iteration.
- Meet the needs of both the business and developer resources by prioritizing from a resource perspective and a business need.
- Communicate with the Program & Solutions Level of the SAFe/ART Structure as a key consultant.
- Work in real-time with the Product Manager (PM) for bidirectional feedback on the processes for the Network Transparency ART.
- Work in real-time with other teams for feedback on the process/tracking for Network Transparency deliverables and metrics..
What we’re looking for...
Communicating with others comes naturally to you. You know that different team members and stakeholders have different needs and you flex your style and approach to be most effective. People trust you and come to you for advice and counsel. You make connections between data derived from different sources and synthesize it into one complete picture. You thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple highly visible projects with lots of competing priorities.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of systems used by the NMCs (vREPAIR, Kirke, NCC, KAFTA, SANE, etc).
- Statistical software experience.
- Experience with large scale IT systems.
- SAFe / Scaled Agile Experience.
- Project Management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.