Director, Product Management - Telecommute (108151986)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a senior member of the Solutions management team, the Director of Product Management plays a critical role in developing and executing the overall product strategy for the business. The Director of Product Management will collaborate with cross functional teams across the enterprise to drive the discovery, ideation and execution of Readmission reduction offerings that support the company’s purpose of improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life. This role will work with an array of internal and external partners, garnering their perspectives throughout the development and evolution of the product roadmap as well as bringing them along to the overarching vision using data-driven insights and persuasive storytelling. This role is ultimately accountable for guiding the product roadmap through the entirety of its lifecycle including strategy development/refinement, defining OKRs, delivering new capabilities and ultimately executing on the go-to-market plan.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for product growth (membership and revenue), including cultivating and managing client pipeline, serving as client-facing SME on Readmission solutions, defining and/or refining revenue models and assessing opportunities to expand program scope
- Responsible for product value delivery and differentiation, including evaluation of market dynamics and trends, competitive positioning, assessment of opportunity to capture new value pools, developing deep understanding of current value delivery and opportunities to improve and enhance value delivery
- Responsible for ongoing product design and evolution, including customizations based on clients’ needs/requests and building integrations with other products and/or capabilities to enhance value
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set go-to-market priorities, product adoption goals and track both revenue growth and progress against established strategic initiatives
- Synthesize market feedback to identify revenue growth opportunities and competitive threats. Define client problems/needs, size opportunities and prioritize initiatives for the vertical that are differentiated, scalable and repeatable
- Work closely with the clinical operations vertical to establish a channel for front-line staff to inform solution optimization and enhancement, and to partner on building product enhancements into Operational workflows
- Partner with digital product and IT/engineering teams to define business requirements for product enhancements/expansions and monitor product development processes to ensure compliance with design specifications
- Train Sales, Operations and Product on the “what, why and how” of the Readmissions solutions, empowering them to understand, embrace and evangelize
- Work with Business Development, Sales, and Marketing to drive customization of product positioning, establish viable commercialization options, develop case studies and create marketing collateral that clearly articulates naviHealth’s unique market differentiation in the space
- Support the national strategic accounts and sales teams by contributing to client conversations and new business pitches
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
- Remote position with up to 25% travel required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field required; advanced degree in business administration, healthcare administration, or equivalent
- 7+ years product management experience, preferably with a technology-driven health services company or comparable entity
- Experience in managing multiple products and/or complex initiatives simultaneously across the entire lifecycle - from initial requirements gathering through product release and rollout
- Solid experience using Microsoft Office products and applications, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint and visual communication
- Deep healthcare industry knowledge, preferrable in the post-acute care space
- Previous ownership of product/solution from introduction through launch and into maturity
- Up to 30% travel required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Exceptional ability to balance development timelines against time to market
- Demonstrated analytic acumen, ability to leverage data to drive decision making and improve outcomes
- Strategic thinker, skilled communicator, and seasoned influencer with demonstrated ability to drive consensus at all levels, including senior executive leadership
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and then translate them for less technical audiences while simultaneously being able to dive into the details when needed
- Self-driven with strong sense of urgency, requires minimal oversight to drive challenges to closure.
- Extremely organized with demonstrated ability to establish priorities, hold cross functional partners accountable and ultimately achieve results
- Able to work comfortably and effectively in a rapidly evolving environment and convert ambiguity to clarity
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit www.navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Product Management, Telecommute, WFH, Work From Home, WAH, Work At Home