Contract Management Manager ( 601522-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this highly visible role, The Contract Management Manager will primarily focus on constructing and contractually enabling non-standard pricing for IOT solutions that support the Automotive and Robotics segments. You will negotiate the merits of these offers both internally and externally. You will work alongside business units to provide financial modeling for IoT value propositions, construct key terms of offers for legal agreements and assist the sales teams in securing the opportunity. You will act as the contract management SME and be the primary contact when requests come to the team for the items you oversee. You will work with Finance, Legal, Product, Business Intelligence, Contract Management and Salesteams to ensure the contractual needs of our internal and external customers are met.
You have the direct responsibility for the performance of some of Verizon’s largest enterprise customers that impact the ability of Verizon to effectively meet audit requirements, sales plans and revenue objectives.
You will be required to address a sustained volume of highly impactful requests, and improve the efficiency of the Offer Development organization within the B2B Contracts and Proposals team with appropriate systems, as well as qualitative skills. You will be customer-focused, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator in multiple mediums.
- Analyze IOT requirements to develop non-standard contracted pricing strategy that Verizon must utilize in order to grow and maintain business customers.
- Lead cross-functional team members on various contractual opportunities to ensure accurate and timely deliverables.
- Implement non-standard pricing for the products and services you contract to penetrate new business segments among B2B customers.
- Develop in-depth expertise of various contractual elements that are unique to the automotive and robotics IOT segment of our business.
- Perform financial modeling and analysis of the pricing value proposition and develop the business case for financial review and approval.
- Use analytical research to develop, evolve and keep the value propositions pricing competitive and relevant in order to drive growth and retention.
- Analyze competitive intelligence, market research and pricing benchmarks in order to provide recommendations on pricing that will enable Verizon to better compete in this highly competitive market.
- Monitor, review and report out on the results of contracted and planned value propositions.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Product and service pricing experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Executive level communications and presentations skills.
- Ability to manage multiple large and complex projects simultaneously with tight timelines.
- Relationship building, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Financial modeling and analytics.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel,G-Suite applications.
- Experience with B2B Sales, operations and contracts.
- Ability to manage and supported the contracting process.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.