Associate Director of Medical Management - Utah (109509203)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Medical Director careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Medical Management is responsible for operational leadership and management of vendor relationships. The Associate Director will work directly with OptumCareUtah care delivery partners to meet and/or exceed strategic business, clinical, and operational goals. The ideal candidate will have exceptional leadership, communication, teamwork, strategic planning, financial acumen, business management, and project management skills.
If you are located in Mountain West Region, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Business and clinical operations across the continuum of care
- Operational leadership and management of vendor relationships
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business, clinical and operational challenges
- Actively develop and flawlessly execute strategic processes that direct operational efficiencies
- Relationship management of new and existing vendor partnerships and programs
- Work collaboratively with network providers/specialists, PCP Network, and internal departments to ensure high quality of care for our members
- Identify compliance and quality improvement opportunities and collaborates with our Quality team
- Data collection of internal and external metrics that allow for trending of outcomes and strategic planning
- Actively participate in joint operating committee meetings (JOC) with external vendors and partners
- Will provide leadership, communication, teamwork, strategic planning, financial acumen, business management, and project management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in business, nursing, social work or healthcare related field
- Current and unrestricted RN license or social worker
- 3+ years of leadership/management and teams
- 3+ years of healthcare operations execution
- Proven operational experience with leading high level projects to implementation
- Medicare and Managed Care work background
- Acute and/or post-acute environment expertise
- Solid financial acumen of business and clinical operations
- Ability to utilize data to influence key process decision makers
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Solid influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Analytical thinker and very detailed oriented
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.