Director, Project Management Office (R1559687-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
As the leader of the Devens Cell Therapy Project Management Office (PMO), the Director will be responsible for overseeing a complex portfolio of programs and projects, and for structuring the overall governance of cross functional programs for the Devens Cell Therapy site. This leader must have proven experience to successfully deliver on a diverse portfolio that will include both site and network projects to which Devens resources will be allocated. The position requires significant leadership capabilities to ensure progression of the portfolio while utilizing both the directly managed PMO team and other functional PMs in the organization.
- Establish, sustain, and continuously improve the site project governance program, in alignment with network processes and best practices
- Providing clarity to the organization about the prioritization and resource commitment required across the portfolio in alignment with the site strategy and objectives
- Ensure consistent utilization of proven project management structure which will include, at a minimum, gating for initiation, planning, execution, and closure
- Oversee the development of project tracking and KPI dashboards and tools to support project managers and site KPIs, including scope, budget, and resources
- Accountable for the efficient and effective facilitation of regular and highly visible PMO governance meetings
- Develop and manage a team of highly capable project managers who have a sufficient level of process knowledge to successfully drive the site portfolio
- Train, coach and set expectations for all dedicated and functional project managers to improve project management capabilities of the site
- Ensure proactive identification and response to program and project risks and opportunities
- Build a culture within the PMO team that aligns with the BMS values and enables peer to peer accountability
- Establish the pathways for escalation of program and project issues within the organization to provide the right level of awareness and decision-making
- Manage collaboration with key stakeholders to align expectations
- Contribute to the establishment and improvement of the network PMO operating model and ensure connectivity with the network regarding implementation of best practices and lessons learned
- Ensure close partnership with various site and global stakeholder functions such as Manufacturing, MSAT, Quality, Supply Chain and the Cell Therapy network PMO
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- B.S. in engineering, Pharmacy, science or technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
- PMP certification highly desirable
- Understanding of cGMPs and regulatory CMC
- 15+ years business experience, 10+ years in BioPharma operational or development discipline, including demonstrated 8+ years of experience managing projects and 8+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience in project/program management of complex projects involving cross-functional multi-site teams
- Experience with manufacturing sites and staff
- Proficiency with project management and Microsoft tools, e.g. Project, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Demonstrated change agent with the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience developing and maintaining project management methodologies
- Problem-solving skill set with the ability to lead strong personalities and drive open items to effective resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced industry and environment, comfortable dealing with ambiguity while driving to make decisions quickly
This position is an office-based position that may require entry into laboratory/manufacturing spaces that requires appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE). Office-based work requires sitting and repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists, especially when working with a computer.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.