Senior Manager, Digital Capability Management, Source to Pay
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Senior Manager DCM Procurement is responsible for driving Intelligent Procurement solutions to enable effective and efficient outcomes for the BMS business. Through strong collaboration and a focus on business success, this person drives design, implementation, and support activities in the areas of Source to Pay.
- Part of the team that produces the deliverables as specified by Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to support the Indirect Procurement requirements globally.
- Providing solutions by using the Intelligent Source-to-Pay platform (Sourcing, Contract, Ariba Buying and Invoicing, SLP, Ariba Network, CIG) as well as related bolt-on, related tools and integrations tools.
- Deliver on all project timelines, project budget, and overall project quality.
- Participate in and provide input to IT platform strategy.
- Provide oversight and guidance to project teams and third party /partner development organizations for the Procurement area and related applications.
- Managing/Guiding delivery of project work with Service providers.
- Absorb new ideas and drive continuous improvement for operations and design of processes.
- Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers, IT Business partners, Business, and other key stakeholders to help with the smooth implementation of new applications/capabilities and technologies related to the financial systems.
- Manage stakeholder communications for projects.
- Develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with Key Vendor/Partners to understand roadmaps and strategies.
- Develops self and others through training and project work assignments.
- Identifies and leverages synergies with other projects and/or processes.
- Able to develop cost estimates in a timely fashion.
- Model the BMS core behaviors.
- Provide support to confidential company programs/projects (Transformation M&A).
- Understands pharmaceutical industry dynamics – proactively and reactively applies this knowledge when making decisions.
- BS/BA Computer Science or equivalent. Masters a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience implementing projects in Intelligent/Ariba Source to Pay platform (Ariba SLP, Sourcing, Contract, Buying and Invoicing, Ariba Network, CIG) with one full cycle Ariba implementations and SAP S/4HANA end-to-end implementation.
- Strong understanding of Indirect Procurement business processes and Vendor master data
- Experience with contract, vendor, PO migration.
- Experience with XML Gateway, LDAP, CIG and integration with SAP S/4HANA.
- Architect experience on multiple Ariba and SAP environments.
- Strong experience on working with vendor, project consultants and support contacts to deliver projects. Familiar with SAP Ariba AMS support process.
- Experience with SAP Ariba on innovation.
- Experience on providing project estimate and resource planning.
- Experience on presenting to senior leadership.
- Experience managing projects or components of large projects.
- Able to Coordinate Interface development and conversion of data via external or third parties
- Able to deal with ambiguity in problem definition and working in a matrixed organization.
- Able to manage work across virtual teams.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to produce clear and effective written presentations, memos, etc.
- Able to effectively translate business requirements to a solution using the SAP Ariba and related tools.
- Able to influence Associate Director / Director and Executive Director level with oral and written presentations.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.