Specialist, Sample Management (Wed-Sat, 2nd Shift, 2:00pm-12:30am) (R1559516-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Contributes to the management of test samples and reagents, including:
- Handling test samples throughout the sample lifecycle- receipt, storage, distribution, transfer, and disposal.
- Maintaining sample tracking and chain of custody records in accordance with GMP requirements and written procedures.
- Ensuring that obsolete or expired samples and materials are destroyed and disposed of according to written procedures.
- Performing sample queries and periodic storage reports, as required.
- Assisting management with investigations and deviations related to sample management.
- Collaborating with other departments to identity and implement process efficiencies.
Contributes to the management of laboratory inventory, including:
- Maintaining the inventory of laboratory supplies including reagents, media, consumables, etc.
- Maintaining the reference standard inventory and distributing reference standards to functional groups upon request.
- Ensuring that materials are appropriately labelled and traceable according to GMPs, regulatory requirements, and written procedures.
- Assisting management with investigations and deviations related to laboratory inventory.
- Maintaining 5S and FIFO principles, as appropriate.
Provides QC materials support, including:
- Maintaining metrics for the sample management group.
- Facilitating cold chain transfers of samples, as required.
- Collaborating with supply chain, warehouse, and lab services to ensure all QC laboratory supplies are adequately stocked.
Performs other tasks as assigned.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.