Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager (Systems Management) (57957)
Does working with a global supply chain that blends and optimizes both domestic and foreign production efforts get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?-Then apply today to our Supply Chain Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer! Ashley Furniture has one of the most sophisticated, efficient and dynamic logistics systems in the world that directs every variable that goes into making and moving product.
Manufacturing Supply Chain Planning Manager- (Systems Management)
The Manufacturing Supply Chain Planning Manager will manage the generation and execution of manufacturing plans from the development of the master schedule through packing of the units in assembly. In this position, you will collaborate with manufacturing, purchasing and IT to drive improvements to materials and inventory management programs and systems. This position will also lead the search and implement breakthrough strategies that improve systems, methods, procedures, people and supply management systems.
What Will You Do?
- Develop, implement, and maintain a manufacturing plan for multi-plant operations using a Supply Chain Management scheduling system.
- Review and make recommendations for approving the Master Schedule for sequence of models in assembly by reviewing machining, labor, and material constraints. Maintain strong attention to material utilization, process flow, cycle time and inventory management.
- Monitor, revise, and control execution of the plan on the shop floor using a Supply Chain Management scheduling system. Prioritize the sequences of manufacturing work orders; adjust queue times, move times, and lead times to improve throughput.
- Assist in the development of the shop floor production strategy. Review the throughput capacity requirements planning (CRP) report weekly with manufacturing management looking for short-term problems at selected work centers.
- Work closely with Production & Inventory Control Managers and planners in other facilities to make recommendations and implement necessary changes to Advanced Scheduling Systems (through-put) model and manufacturing systems to improve flow of materials to achieve standardization of planning systems throughout the organization.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the manufacturing plan and the results of its execution with the goal of meeting or exceeding scheduled completion goals for each facility.
- Provide continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations computer systems and departmental processes. Collaborate with the IT organization to improve current and new programs.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing supply chain management, Systems Management, Operations, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing supply chain management
- Supply Chain Systems management experience
- Advanced Excel skills- Proficiency in Visual Basic (VB)
- Progressive production and inventory control methods and techniques knowledge
- Experience with advance planning and scheduling (APS) systems and methodology, fundamental product engineering methods and Bills of materials (item types).
- APICS CSCP certification is a plus
Who Are We?We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.