Director - Law and Compliance Project Management (R1560114-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Lead the strategy, development and execution for project management across the Law Department.
- Establish the vision and framework for project management across law and compliance functions.
- Develop law and compliance project management tools, systems and processes and implement best practices across the Law Department for both internal and external matters.
- Work closely across practice areas and functions to drive opportunities for efficiency.
- Guide teams through the project managements processes including scoping, planning, budgeting, executing and controlling the work, cost and resources on a matter
- Educate, coach and mentor Law and Compliance team members on how to employ project management to their work.
- Create and monitor scope documents, plans and budgets
- Partner with team members to develop appropriate pricing structures for matters and monitoring and analytic tools
- Continuously identify improvements to project management processes and support the change management to implement•
- Lead regular project team meetings
- Develop project plans, prepare notes and follow up on action items
- Help identify new working efficiencies where appropriate and coach team accordingly
- Contribute to discussion about lessons learned and identify templates for future use
Required Qualification(s) and Desired Experience:
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related field from an accredited university
- Project Management Certification
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- 10+ years experience in law / compliance operations/administration either at a law firm or large corporation
- Experience with managing teams
- Experience with data analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.