Principal Systems Management Analyst - Austin, TX (111675723)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Austin, TX as you take on some tough challenges.
- Positions in this function include those who monitor and operate computer and peripheral equipment: review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for large-scale computer systems
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications, consulting on complex projects/existing applications, timely completion of scheduled jobs, and overall operating systems
- Overseeing environments’ health and facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity
- Develop processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs
- Document all hardware, application, facility, etc. problems and take corrective action as required
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience Leading Software Engineer with geo-dispersed teams
- 5+ years of experience Leading System Resiliency Engineering with large multi-tenant, highly resilient platforms
- 3+ years of experience providing enterprise development and support for a large Hadoop/MapR environment
- 3+ years of working knowledge of MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Java, Spark, Oozie and Hive etc.
- 3+ years of experience in managing and working on core Linux mainly RedHat servers.
- 3+ years of experience building, maintaining and enhancing large pools of infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code practices, Operations Automation, PLM, Feature evaluations and complementary operational technologies
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- Experience in Lead Software Engineering Best Practices for a large multi-node Hadoop Big Data Platform
- Experience in troubleshooting Core Java Applications, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
- Demonstrated knowledge in providing and managing system resiliency engineering for a highly resilient, cross data center infrastructure platform
- Experience with platform's automation and resiliency road Map execution
- Experience in building, maintaining and enhancing large pools of infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code practices, Operations Automation, PLM, Feature evaluations and complementary operational technologies
- Experience with building and supporting highly skilled, cross functional, geo-dispersed teams to provide 24/7/365 operations
- Demonstrated knowledge in maintaining 99.99% platform availability targets by continuously enhancing proactive monitoring, alerting, and self-healing capabilities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.