Director, Business Issue Management - Remote (111626981)
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define, maintain, and grow an effective issue management methodology across product, operations and technical teams in a complex healthcare payments organization
- Lead a team of analysts in documenting and resolving issues, as well as identifying high-value opportunities for issue mitigation and prevention
- Work with leaders to deploy an issue resolution process that supports internal stakeholder and client expectations
- Develop and manage the escalation and communication process for issue resolution within the business and across product and operational teams
- Pursue opportunities for control processes and partner with product development leaders to advance platform enhancements and infrastructure improvements
- Provide work direction for data and analytics resources to assess key trends and opportunities for investment
- Advise on new product development and process creation to mitigate potential issue sources
- Drive organizational adoption of key issue reporting and management tools to improve tracking, time to resolution and trend identification
- Accountable for team performance and service level agreements within business unit on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure effective and positive relationships across product, growth office and resolution partners for business unit
- Support Readiness Assessments for issue resolution for new products and initiatives
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in healthcare financial services and/or issue management
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience establishing reporting, defining KPIs and ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Comfort and experience with SQL analysis or other related tools
- Experience championing continuous improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to influence, prioritize and execute improvement initiatives with a sense of urgency
- 2+ years of SQL experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.