Director Sales, Account Management - Small Business - Columbia or Frederick, MD (111717522)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are responsible for the management of the account executive/account management team pertaining to the health plan's Small Business market segment, selling to customers employing from 2-99 employees (new business and 51-99 renewals). The management of the sales and acct mgt team will include monitoring both the profitability and the revenue generated along with the retention of existing business and NBEA (New Business Existing Acct). Supports all products available in the market and is accountable for growing the Small Business book. Recruits, trains and coaches the sales staff for the Small Business market.
Competencies and Best Practice for High Performers:
- Business Savvy
- Adept at understanding complex concepts and situations presented by the business environment
- Quickly assesses complex problems and selects the appropriate solution
- Possesses very solid consultative skills
- Product Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of Small Group products sold in their market
- Selects the correct product for the customer's situation
- Makes recommendations for changes and can train others on skills
- Project Management and Organizational Skills
- Leads teams in any project related to the selling environment
- Develops work plans to effectively manage projects
- Translates business strategies into clear objectives
- Relationship Building and Influence
- Builds internal networks and consensus to shape decisions of upper management
- Builds and maintains positive, constructive working relationships with senior levels as well as internal and external customers especially brokers in the local market
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sales insurance license must be maintained as required by state law
- 6+ years management experience in sales within the health insurance industry and possess a solid track record in a results-oriented sales environment
- Demonstrated experience in the sales process for a full range of products, including but not limited to Medical and Ancillary
- Ability to travel as required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.