Product - Partnership Development and Management ( 607628-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a senior level product and business development professional to help identify, define, build, and launch new 5G businesses and products, using innovative business models that leverage the latest in 5G, Private Networking, Edge Computing, and IoT technologies.
- You will be responsible for identifying, structuring, and executing commercial agreements with external partners, ranging from world leading technology companies to emerging start-ups.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with leaders across Verizon product, engineering, marketing, ops, and sales teams from ideation to launch, in a cross-functional manner to devise a winning plan to drive 5G revenue.
- In short, you will be responsible to partner with product and service companies that accelerate the consumption of Verizon core 5G products and services.
- Your responsibilities will also include designing and implementing different engagement models which involve collateral, digital experience, incentives, commercial negotiations, and management of the initiatives.
- In this position, you will be a critical part of the Verizon Business Group organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies like 5G, MEC, and Network as a Service.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Experience in technology/industry experience engaged in development.
- Experience commercializing cutting edge technologies/solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, telecoms and, IoT business models.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (e.g., AI/ML, AR/VR, blockchain, robotics, IoT).
- Proven ability to identify/source new partners for new products and services.
- The ability to track record of identifying and delivering creative opportunities to achieve business organization goals.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other standard office computer applications.
- Experience in a product development, business development, and/or strategy roles.
- Experience building and launching successful products in emerging technologies.
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate new, innovative business models and monetization opportunities.
- Ability to build financial models to help drive investment decisions.
- Experience negotiating complex commercial transactions with technology companies.
- Strong communication and project management skills to manage interactions across multiple internal Verizon teams, and external partners and customers.
- Strengths in collaboration and stakeholder management.
- Ability to simplifying complex technology and business concepts into professional presentations for executive stakeholders.
- Experience in strategic planning and competitive analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.