Associate Director of Marketing Campaign Management ( 607848-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As Associate Director of Marketing Technology and Campaign Management, you'll lead a group of highly-skilled marketing technologists who are responsible for the development, testing and delivery of our customer-facing direct marketing communications.
In this dynamic role, you'll partner with the customer base management team to support key home and mobile initiatives designed to inspire customer loyalty, grow Verizon's revenue, and enhance the customer experience. Through close collaboration with the acquisition team, you'll also help acquire new customers to Verizon for both businesses as well.
Your unique blend of marketing expertise and solid technical background will be critical to this role and set you apart from other candidates. You’ll coach and develop the team to be consultative subject matter experts to the campaign managers, and you’ll ensure they’re equipped to function as a “bridge” to our global technology team, platforms team, and 3rd party vendors for new solutions development or enhancements.
With a background of operational excellence, you’ll help facilitate highly effective development and delivery processes across the teams within your group -- which will enable scale delivery of more than10 billion highly personalized customer communications annually via email, text messaging, push messaging, in-app messaging, and targeted direct mail (via next generation HTML-based, digital printing technology).
- Drive innovation in communications platforms and solutions by leading the development of business requirements and facilitating new platform delivery and enhancements through partnership with P&E and GTS.
- Enable core data elements within the campaign ecosystem to drive personalization.
- Partner cross-functionally / with 3rd party solutions partners to develop foundational capabilities that drive next-generation communications journeys and orchestration.
- Develop and operationalize an effective content strategy to support VCG customer communications across vehicles (e.g., EM, text, DM, Feed Cards, Live Tiles, Push Msgs).
- Partner cross-functionally to drive assigned campaign objectives and KPIs via reusable content fragments, copy, assets and templates.
- Establish and maintain process for efficient and in-brand email template design.
- Maintain standards for CAN-SPAM and other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Develop standards-based, email compliant HTML that renders consistently and performs effectively across designated portfolio of devices and platforms.
- Maintain customer opt-in and opt-out preferences.
- Monitor and report on customer engagement trends.
- Manage IP effectiveness and prevent fraud.
- Establish strategy for effective campaign tracking and custom URL management.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in marketing, communications, or CRM.
- Six or more years of direct people management experience, including mentoring and coaching of senior level and/or technology talent.
- Experience with a commercial marketing cloud, such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Oracle, Responsys, and/or Salesforce.
- Experience managing HTML development, CSS, and content publishing.
- Campaign, marketing, and/or agency operations experience.
- Vendor management experience.
- Willingness to travel (limited).
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Information Design, Management Information Systems, or a related IT or technology field.
- MBA or other Master’s degree.
- Certification in Adobe Campaign, Adobe Experience Manager, and/or Adobe Experience Platform.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
- Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively.
- Ability to manage stakeholders, set clear objectives, and prioritize work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.