Senior Project Management Consultant - Eden Prairie, MN (112226890)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries - from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
We all know that there's a lot more to come in the changes sweeping through the health care industry. But if change is going to shape our world, it's comforting to know that we're shaping the change. At Optum, the actuarial consulting leader in health care innovation, your performance, your ideas and your innovative thinking will help us improve the lives of millions.
As the Senior Project Management Consultant, you will join an elite team committed to changing health care through outstanding service and valuable products. You'll use innovative tools including the largest database of health care information in the world. You will perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling to identify statistical findings and conclusions. If you want to be challenged by working on complex and diverse analytical projects, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of project management framework in accordance with best practices
- Planning, scoping and overseeing various projects
- Tracking and communicating project status to stakeholders and project team members
- Proactively progressing tasks
- Making creative and innovative recommendations for process improvement and implementing process changes
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with our broader product team, while supporting ad-hoc analytics where needed
- Prepare information for project stakeholders, build reports, and assist with project scheduling and coordination of tasks
- Execute creative problem solving and critical thinking on the job
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to always meet deadlines
- Take accountability for work within a fast paced, exciting environment and learn from challenges as they arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of general project management experience
- 2+ years of experience building project plans and meeting project deadlines
- 1+ years of software project management experience
- Experience in managing analytical roadmaps leading to the build and deployment of models with machine learning technology
- Solid technical aptitude, such as experience with programming languages, formulas, graphics in MS Excel
- Required knowledge of:
- Data Architecture - Knowledge and ability to understand data is collection, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and use in data systems and organizations.
- Machine Learning - Familiarity of Best of Practice principles, technologies, and algorithms of machine learning
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes, or events.
- Query and Database Access Tools - Knowledge of facilities for extracting and formatting a database management system.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- PMP Certification
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience working on software projects/products
- Organized and detail oriented
- Communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Eager to learn about and work on a variety of different projects/assignments
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities/requirements/deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively on all assignments with various teams both internal and external to Optum
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Dallas, TX
- Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, CT
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- Nashville-Davidson--Murfreesboro--Franklin, TN
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Pittsburgh, PA
- St. Louis, MO-IL
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Boulder, CO*
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.