Sr. Management Analyst - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Management Analyst operates as an internal consultant in support of transformative strategic initiatives that will shape the future of naviHealth. Working within a small, agile team, the Sr. Management Analyst will be responsible for rapidly assessing and solving complex and/or cross-functional business problems through the creative application of complex analytical and technical skills. The Management Analyst will maintain a strong understanding of company operations and an expert understanding of company data and resourcefully apply this knowledge to fast-paced and challenging projects.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead and deliver complex analytical projects from concept to completion as a combined subject-matter expert, project manager and programmer/analyst
- Developing novel analytical solutions to emergent business problems and questions, both independently and through cross-functional teaming
- Researching and developing prototype analytical assets and/or new ways to use data to drive operational, financial and quality outcomes
- Maintaining an expert understanding of nH’s data landscape and the ready knowledge/skills to rapidly recommend/execute analytical solutions
- Maintaining a strong understanding of nH’s operations and the ready knowledge/skills to structure analyses meeting business requirements
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or a related technical field)
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics role
- Advanced visualization experience required
- Fluency in SQL/SMSS, including the ability to independently locate, extract, reconcile and code/manipulate large datasets from a variety of servers, including production assets not optimized for analysis
- Fluency in Tableau, including the ability to import T-SQL queries, create VizQL fields and code complex multivariable calculations and parameters
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, including the use of advanced modules with the former, e.g., VBA, Power Query, and efficient use in packaging analyses and synthesizing findings in the latter
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5 years of experience in an analytics role
- Certifications in Data Science, Health Information Technology, and/or the above development/software environments
- Experience with Python, R, BigML and equivalent statistical programming environments
- Experience with prototype development and/or UX/UI design
- Experience presenting to senior leaders and executives
- Fluency in PowerBI or equivalent development environments, including the use of DAX expressions, geospatial formulae, such as Haversine, and cross-environmental links, e.g., Azure
- Fluency in managerial finance and the appropriate use/context of key financial statements and metrics
- Fluency in statistics and applying statistical techniques as it relates to general management/business analysis and hypothesis testing
- Solid critical-thinking, problem-solving and communication skills, and the ability to self-start in a fast-paced, variable environment
naviHealth is improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live more fulfilling lives. For nearly a decade, naviHealth has been a trusted partner for the nation’s top health plans, health systems, and at-risk physician groups navigating the shift from volume to value. Powered by a predictive technology and decision support platform that provides clinicians and care teams with evidence-based protocols, naviHealth’s high-touch, proven care model fully supports patients from pre-acute through to the home. With naviHealth, patients can enjoy more days at home, and healthcare providers and health plans can significantly reduce costs specific to unnecessary care and readmissions. For more information about naviHealth, visit www.navihealth.com.
Improving the healthcare experience for seniors to live a more fulfilling life
Rooted in respect
Guided by purpose
Devoted to service
Energized by impact
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.