Eaton Internship Program – Supply Chain Management
We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
The Eaton Internship Program – Supply Chain Management is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 11-week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders.
The objective of the internship is to develop students through practical supply chain management experiences within manufacturing and operations, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership attributes through training, networking, and coaching. The assignment will help the participant develop a wide range of leadership and functional responsibilities within the field of supply chain management.
Potential Opportunities for Supply Chain Management Interns:
- Demand Planning
After completion of the internship, and upon graduation, your experience and newly acquired skills could steer you to a variety of career paths, including our full-time, rotational Supply Chain Management Development Program.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in engineering or business from an accredited institution
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Geographic flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of this internship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship now and in the future
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree or master’s program with a major in supply chain management, operations or business management, industrial distribution, logistics, or a related field
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of internship
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus/and or community
- Ability to speak a second language
- Interest in pursuing a career in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment
- This role may include travel (up to 10%) within a local region as determined by the Intern assignment manager
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The salary for this role is $3,360 - $5,500 a month.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time