Recruiting Manager, Freight Management/Brokerage/Corporate
Recruiting Manager, Freight Management/Brokerage/Corporate (Job Number: 2215843 )
The Manager - Recruiting, Freight Manager/Brokerage/Corporate will lead teams in US and Canada in ensuring that our Corporate, Freight Management, and Brokerage operations are properly staffed to support our customers. This is a very exciting role that includes balancing the day-to-day tactical execution along with an organizational strategy. Penske Logistics is growing its Brokerage business with an aggressive growth plan over the next 5 years to help handle seasonal needs, capacity surges, and challenging lanes for our customers.
In this role, you will lead a team of recruiters providing guidance and expertise around the staffing process and technology. You will continually assess hiring team KPIs and staff performance through ongoing metrics and business impact assessments. You will provide ongoing updates of hiring efforts to field operations leaders, officer-level leadership, HR leaders, field HR managers, and recruiting teams. This position will report to the Director of Staffing. You will be responsible for managing RPO and 3rd Party Vendor relationships and partnerships supporting salaried recruiting to ensure success.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 5 years of recruiting experience in early talent programs, salaried/leader roles, a multi-site recruitment environment, with a strong preference for individuals with supply chain and logistics experience. Candidates must also have at least 3 years of experience in managing direct reports, recruiting operations, and project management. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role. You will be developing new recruiting strategies and processes to meet the business needs. This team will have a professional search firm mindset when hunting and sourcing talent.
This position will report to the Director of Staffing and regularly interact with the Corporate Director of Human Resources, HR Managers, and in collaboration with other staffing leadership peers. Travel expectations will be up to 30% to our operations and with visits to direct reports. This position is based at either or Warren, MI or Reading, PA.
- Facilitates efficient collaboration between Operations leaders, HR leaders, and all Recruiting team members to ensure alignment to staffing needs and activities.
- Manage daily interaction of corporate, supply chain and logistics hiring with all recruiters, and recruiting assistants including distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assisting with issue resolution, and promoting behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction
- Directs and oversees all staffing activities. In PL, this includes Market strategies, Workforce Planning and leader hiring results for the regions and areas of responsibility, and startup staffing strategies.
- Assure recruiters are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback
- Coach, mentor, and develop direct reports including Recruiters and Recruiting Assistants.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Special projects to support organizational staffing initiatives (steering committees, leader staffing, overall recruiter training, etc.)
- Oversight responsibility for technologies including lead generation/CRM marketing tools, and Oracle/Taleo recruiting systems.
- Use all data and customer feedback to improve the quality of the tools, process, and associate training.
- Deliver key business plan information regarding expense projections, hiring need forecasts, and call volume estimates to Director or other HR leadership.
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor or other HR Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of recruiting experience in salaried/executive, multi-site recruitment environment required (experience managing external search firms and RPO firms preferred)
- Demonstrated experience developing role/function-specific staffing strategies with clear results highly preferred
- At least 3 years of management of direct reports are required.
- 3 years of recruiting operations and project management are experience required.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
- Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office 365, Smartsheet, and internet search, required.
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshooting and problem-solving experiences.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, up to 50% to assigned operations by car, plane, or train overnight, as required. Travel may occasionally be short notice as dictated by business needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT PENSKE LOGISTICS:
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :32600 Dequindre Road, 2nd Floor 32600 Dequindre Road, 2nd Floor
Warren, MI 48092
Primary Location : United States-Michigan-Warren
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Logistics Recruiting Manager
Req ID: 2215843