Senior Manager, GDD IT - Clinical Document Management and Site Monitoring
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The GDD IT Lead, Clinical Trial Document Management and Site Monitoring will provide IT leadership and governance for two key global capabilities: trial document management and strategic site monitoring. Both capabilities have overlapping clinical functional stakeholders and are largely managed on the enterprise Veeva Vault Clinical platform.
- Serves as the GDD IT Lead for Clinical Document Management and Site Monitoring
- Partners with the business capability lead to review and assess demand requests, explore ideas and enhancements, evaluate legal/ regulatory requirements and ongoing business-driven change initiatives leading to value driven business cases and well-defined implementation plans
- Partners with IT digital capability leads to solicit and evaluate implementation plans (including vendor proposals/ contracts), formulate implementation plans, engage cross-functional stakeholders, execute technology projects, and measure business outcomes/ROI for investments
- Partners with IT portfolio managers to ensure robust investment governance and measuring project outcomes
- Establishes and develops effective business relationships with key leaders and stakeholders to ensure IT can deliver solutions which align with business strategies and divisional priorities
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with IT colleagues to ensure delivered solutions and services can be appropriately leveraged and value realized.
- Leads the development of business cases for future programs and projects with Clinical Operations IT and define measurable business outcomes.
- Generates and maintains a strategic roadmap for the business capability, with ongoing demand management, release planning and delivery of incremental capabilities
- Collaborates with the business capability lead to manage the needs of internal business stakeholders as well as external stakeholders represented by patients, caregivers, sites and advocacy groups, via leading capability enhancements and communications
- Monitors external industry trends and supplier capabilities with a view for continuous improvement
- Understands the global risk and regulatory environment to plan activities for compliance with existing and new regulations
- Champions the patient engagement capability with thought leadership and innovation to advance BMS’s patient centric reputation
- Must have a proven track-record of 5-7 years working in large and/or complex IT programs, preferably within the pharmaceutical R&D domain
- Must have experience in pharmaceutical industry and an understanding of the drug development process
- Demonstrated ability to use structured problem solving and available tools to quickly evaluate problems, identify root cause, create action plans, assess impact and develop resolution options
- Demonstrated ability to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and organizational boundaries
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and collaborate with employees, partners and management at all levels
Ideal Candidates Would Also Have:
- Significant, demonstrated breadth of experience, versatility, and independent leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to creative thinking and applying innovative technologies to use cases, in achieving a balance between pragmatic value and transformation
- Experience with Industry partnerships/ presentations and cross-company initiatives (e.g. TransCelerate)
- Demonstrated experience defining and measuring business outcomes
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on computer science or Information Technology preferred.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.