Vendor Management Office Manager
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance? Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Finance Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house finance team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Vendor Management Office (VMO) Manager
What Will You Do?
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating day-to-day Vendor Management Office (VMO) operations. Responsibilities include partnering with IT and business leadership in developing policies, processes and procedures regarding sourcing strategies, implementation plans, adoption methodologies and operational support for vendor management. Additionally, you will initiate and handle relationships with vendors, provide a platform to negotiate on behalf of the business for the best value of purchases that support its operations and objectives, and partner with IT to implement vendor management guidelines, process efficiencies and key performance indicators.
This position is accountable for all activities related to the building and maintenance of external relationships with vendors, partners, and outsourcers, establishing and monitoring service level agreements related to services and products delivered, and acting as the primary point of contact and liaison between legal, project managers and other key stakeholders before, during and after contract negotiations.
What Do You Need?
- 5 years of Vendor Management experience, Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Leadership or management experience, Required
- Contract negotiation
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Vendor Management System • Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Associate Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals only.