Senior Manager, Project Management
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role will be responsible for providing program management leadership for our Global Patient Scheduling department (53 people). You will lead cross-functional project team(s) in partnership with third-party vendors and business partners from quality, GMSAT, supply chain, legal/compliance and IT functions, while effectively managing project scope and timelines. You will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong leadership, relationship building, problem solving and written/verbal communication skills. You will be able to bring clarity to discussions and topics where many viewpoints and/or ambiguity exist.
Our organization is extremely fast-paced and faces constant changes; therefore, flexibility and adaptation will be necessary. It is also important for you to drive for results, be willing to work with different time zones, and open to receiving and giving honest feedback.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead program planning and project management in collaboration with Global Patient leadership to ensure the teams have high-quality, integrated project plans and timelines that align with overall department strategy and corporate goals.
- Provide strong facilitation skills to optimize meetings and support the Regional/Global Heads in effective decisions documentation and priorities within the group.
- Ensure effective communication, clear alignment, and seamless execution of team’s business-critical deliverables (on time and within budget).
- Consistently track deliverables and proactively drive risk management in collaboration with Project Owners by early risk identification and quick facilitation for mitigation planning.
- Proactively support the leadership team in identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results.
- Contribute to developing and implementing necessary project management tools, best practices, and processes to increase efficiency, consistency, and visibility of workstream statuses.
Required Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of professional experience using structured project management processes with track record of delivering projects on time.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to use different project management software.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to focus on and drive for results.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to follow through or communicate when deadline will be missed.
- Willingness to work with different time zones and cross-functional groups.
- Willingness to receiving and providing honest feedback.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote.
- Experience in Life Sciences or Cell Therapy.
Experience in GMP environment.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.