Supervisor, QC Sample Management - 2nd Shift
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The position of Second Shift Supervisor for QC Sample Management (QCSM) is responsible for leading the Sample Management team within the 24/7 Commercial Operation Quality Control (QC) organization. In this role, they will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end sample management process, supervising and training direct reports, ensuring the chain of custody and chain of identity of QC samples is maintained, preparing schedules and writing Quality documents in a cGMP regulated environment.
This position is for Second Shift; Sunday to Wednesday; 2:00 pm to Midnight. Includes Holidays.
- Prefer previous Supervisory experience in a cGMP regulated environment
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Knowledge of Labware software for tracking sample inventory
- Proficient in office software for writing quality documents to meet deadlines
- Skilled in organizing work, scheduling personnel tasks, priority setting, and time management
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve on the spot
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams/shifts
- Excellent at providing Customer Service
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the chain of custody and chain of identity of samples is maintained throughout the Lifecyle of QCSM samples
- Promotes safe practices and behaviors
- Trains staff and holds them accountable for assignments
- Holds daily huddles with team and provides updates to the Managers
- Sets schedules for the shift and adjusts where necessary to meet timelines
- Ensures Deviations, CAPAs, and Change Controls are documented appropriately and closed in a timely manner. Escalates issues.
- Authors, reviews, and approves SOPs and other important documents
- Actively prepares for and participates in regulatory inspections
- Represents QCSM in various meetings and projects
- Performs other tasks as assigned
This Position qualifies for a $15,000 Sign-on Bonus, $7,500 payable within 30 days of the start date, and $7,500 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.